The community will be in read-only from Tuesday 11:59pm (PST) to Wednesday 7:30am (PST)
The community will be in read-only from Tuesday 11:59pm (PST) to Wednesday 7:30am (PST)
Project and Portfolio Management Practitioners Forum
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Updating a Field in RequestA when RequestB moves

SOLVED
Go to solution
Highlighted
Raka_1
Collector

Updating a Field in RequestA when RequestB moves

What would be a good approach if I want to update a field on Request A when Request B moves forward. Also how would I put a function in the Execution should I type the whole Function there or just the name of the Procedure.
2 REPLIES
Sascha Mohr
Esteemed Contributor
Solution

Re: Updating a Field in RequestA when RequestB moves

There surely is more than one way. You could use an PL/SQL function (stored in the DB and called in the execution step), or you could a read-only field in RequestA that is populated by a rule that triggers on page-load.
You cannot use stored procedures in execution steps because they don't have a return value. If you want to use a stored procedure to do the updates between RequestA and RequestB on a certain schedule, this can be done with a PPM report (command: ksc_run_plsql_procedure).
Raka_1
Collector

Re: Updating a Field in RequestA when RequestB moves

Can put in a Command in the Request that calls this PL/SQL procedure and in the workflow i use an execution step that executes Request Commands.
//Add this to "OnDomLoad" event