Project and Portfolio Management Practitioners Forum
cancel

Updating Project Name w/ Project No(Req ID) - Step 1

Highlighted
Christie S. Mal
Regular Contributor.

Updating Project Name w/ Project No(Req ID) - Step 1

PPM 7.1. I would like to update the Project Name with the Project No(Request ID). I created an execution step in the workflow, step 1, to update the project name. The command executes successfully, but the Project Name does not change. I tried the same with the Description field, and I was able to add the Project No(Req ID) to the Description field at step 1. I'm not sure why the Description field updates and not the Project Name field.

I can get the Project Name updated if I put the step later in the workflow, step 2 or later.

Any idea why I can't update the Project Name at step 1?
4 REPLIES
Darshan Bavisi
Outstanding Contributor.

Re: Updating Project Name w/ Project No(Req ID) - Step 1

Hi Christie,

Can you please send some more details on the workflow and why this change is required? If possible can you please attach your workflow screenshot for the same. That will help in understanding the exact issue on the same and possible solutions. Also, to let you know, that the project names are created using the special command named 'ksc_create_project', you may need to do some tweaking through special commands, so the execution step may be getting overridden. I am positive what you are trying to do would be possible, but once having some more and exact details will help in getting the solutions.
Christie S. Mal
Regular Contributor.

I put together a doc w/ screen shots...
Darshan Bavisi
Outstanding Contributor.

Hi Christie,

The last question and confirmation to get to the solution now.

Are you creating/spawning the project from the proposal process and the ksc_create_project special command is used in spawning the project request? Please confirm. If this is the case then I am sure of a solution for this. If the project is getting created in any other way then let know how it is getting created.
Christie S. Mal
Regular Contributor.

We are not spawning the project from a proposal.

Under the Project Management menu, we create a new project.