The community will be in read-only from Monday 11:59pm (PT) to Wednesday 7:30am (PT)
The community will be in read-only from Monday 11:59pm (PT) to Wednesday 7:30am (PT)
Project and Portfolio Management Practitioners Forum
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Update Financial Summaries using pl/sql

Highlighted
Srujan Gudisa
Occasional Contributor

Update Financial Summaries using pl/sql

Hi All,

In 8.0 versions, has anyone tried to update financial summaries using pl/sql code?

Are there any precautions that we should take care? If there is any working code, can you please do share with us?

srujan.gudisa@gmail.com

Thank you,
Srujan.
6 REPLIES
Manas Bagde
Super Collector

Re: Update Financial Summaries using pl/sql

I have written a procedure earlier to copy data from Budgets and Benefits to PPM fields on PPM 8.01.

Could you let me know your exact requirement so that i can try my best.

Regards,
Manas
Sascha Mohr
Esteemed Contributor

The financial summaries are not supposed to be updated by pl/sql procedures (hibernate!). You still can, but it would be advisable to run the updates on the tables while PPM is down.
Recommended: Instead you should use the web services PPM provides.
Srujan Gudisa
Occasional Contributor

Hi Manas,

Thanks for your prompt reply.

Our requirement is, from a workflow step, we should insert/update/delete the cells/lines in budgets of financial summaries.

We get these values from an external source and we will validate them before we update in PPM. So thought updating the values from workflow would be a good way.

Please suggest.

Thanks,
Srujan.
Srujan Gudisa
Occasional Contributor

Hi Sascha,

Actually we have tried web services before, but after we implemented SiteMinder and HTTPS, our web services are not working properly.

We have done the suggestions for SiteMinder that are suggested in web services programmers document.

By any chance, if you got any web service code that is written for SiteMinder, can you please share with us,

As this SiteMinder was a last surprise in our project, we are running out of time to investigate in it :(

Please help!

Thanks a Lot,
Srujan.
Sascha Mohr
Esteemed Contributor

No sideminder here, sorry.
Raka_1
Collector

If you want to load financial data then u can try to use XML import to import financial data. I have seen HP engineers loading financial data but they have the latest version XML and they do not share that. If you can get it from HP then it will solve your problem
//Add this to "OnDomLoad" event