Unmet Demand shows up even after committing a resource

SOLVED
Go to solution
Highlighted
Deepak Bhattad
Regular Collector

Unmet Demand shows up even after committing a resource

Hi,

We have been facing a very peculiar problem with a particular role.

For a lot of staffing profiles whenever a demand is created for a particular role and resources committed for this demand the staffing profile still shows up as unmet demand.

So for eaxmple I create a demand for the role for say 1 FTE for a couple of months and then I assigne a resource for 1 FTE, the staffing profile still shows up as an unmet demand. This is overallocation unmet demand sign.

I looked at it in the database and found that the way PPM works is it divides the FTE allocations equally for that month / week/ quarter for the  number of working days and allocates this number. However for this particular role the FTE is not being equally divided and rather is 0 for the rest of the days in that week / month / quarter. however when you allocate a resource the allocation numbe is again equally divided and hence the unmet demand is negative which means overallocation.

I hope I have not confused you all and hoping to see some response from somebody who has overcome this problem.

3 REPLIES
Erik Cole
Honored Contributor
Solution

Re: Unmet Demand shows up even after committing a resource

Might want to check the region(s) of the staffing profiles and assigned resources, and the associated regional calendar(s) to see if that might be causing some issues in what it considers to be valid working days for each...

penoles
Regular Collector

you can swith to view by hours, as unmet demand actually caculated by hours.

Hours may differ since resource and staffing profile may have different region.

Deepak Bhattad
Regular Collector

Erik,

Your thought did the trick.

It was because of the regions differences that the unmet demand showed up.

//Add this to "OnDomLoad" event