Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Unknown error 500

Highlighted
PPMRam
Collector

Unknown error 500

Hi,

While Iam opening an Request in the PPM, iam getting the error as "Unknown error 500".

I checked in the backend there the values are updated properly.

Please help me in this issue.

We are using Sun solaris Operating system,Xp-2 version,PPM 8.0 version.

Regards

Praveen

5 REPLIES
EngPlan

Re: Unknown error 500

Hi PPMRam.  I had this error as well over the last week or so.  My issue turned out to be a migration issue with the workflow.  Did you recently change a workflow step and then migrate to a different environment?  Remember that changing steps in the workflow almost always trigger errors like this.  Another place to check might be the request type if you changed the associated workflow for that request type.  Just a couple places to start looking.

Oscar_Pereira
Frequent Visitor

Hello PPMRam,

Can you isolate the issue to only a particular Request Type ?  if you reproduce the error, what is the error in the log files?  do you see something like    java.lang.IndexOutOfBoundsException: Index: x, Size: x   ?

As EngPlan mentioned, this could be caused by changes in the workflow steps, fields, or validations at workbench level, after there are existing request in the system using those entities.

Oscar P

d4y4n4
Frequent Visitor

Hi

You also may wat to check the release note for the SP 3, there are many fixes related to the 500 error

http://support.openview.hp.com/selfsolve/document/KM1247963

Regards,

Dayana Campos

changl
Super Collector

Hello Praveen,

To add to other comments I have also seen "Error 500" when the request is missing a KCRT_REQUEST_DETAILS record.

select * from kcrt_requests where request_id not in (select distinct REQUEST_ID from KCRT_REQUEST_DETAILS)

Best regards,

Chris

PPMRam
Collector

Hi,

Below is the error in logs when we facing error.

JSESSIONID=6E3E16BFD95EE8F68065D46C3E553015.server1,USERNAME=Shenishetty, Nagesh (501847067) server:TP-Processor5:com.kintana.web:2012/03/16-07:50:58.661 GMT: java.lang.NullPointerException

at com.kintana.crt.util.RequestComponentHandler.generateParameterComponent(RequestComponentHandler.java:1454)

at com.kintana.crt.util.RequestComponentHandler.generateComponent(RequestComponentHandler.java:1536)

at com.kintana.crt.util.RequestComponentHandler.generateSection(RequestComponentHandler.java:1689)

at com.kintana.crt.util.RequestComponentHandler.generateDetailContainer(RequestComponentHandler.java:1098)

at com.kintana.crt.util.RequestComponentHandler.generateDetailContainer(RequestComponentHandler.java:1078)

at com.kintana.crt.web.ctrl.RequestDetailController.setRequest(RequestDetailController.java:447)

at com.mercury.itg.servlet.ActionMonitorFilter.doFilter(ActionMonitorFilter.java:82)

at com.mercury.itg.servlet.HibernateSessionFilter.doFilter(HibernateSessionFilter.java:79)

at com.kintana.core.web.filter.MLUFilter.applyFilter(MLUFilter.java:110)

at com.kintana.core.web.filter.BaseFilter.doFilter(BaseFilter.java:59)

at com.kintana.core.web.filter.stinger.ValidationFilter.applyFilter(ValidationFilter.java:93)

at com.kintana.core.web.filter.stinger.ValidationFilter.doFilter(ValidationFilter.java:66)

at com.kintana.core.web.filter.MultipartRequestFilter.applyFilter(MultipartRequestFilter.java:85)

at com.kintana.core.web.filter.ControlFilter.applyFilter(ControlFilter.java:825)

at com.kintana.core.web.filter.ControlFilter.doFilter(ControlFilter.java:1318)

at com.mercury.itg.servlet.I18NFilter.doFilter(I18NFilter.java:40)

at com.kintana.core.web.filter.Log4jFilter.applyFilter(Log4jFilter.java:49)

at com.kintana.core.web.filter.PerformanceFilter.applyFilter(PerformanceFilter.java:57)

Thanks,

Praveen

//Add this to "OnDomLoad" event