cancel

Unable to migrate object in deployment module (workbench) using an ldap user

SOLVED
Go to solution
Highlighted
PPM Admin
Respected Contributor.

Unable to migrate object in deployment module (workbench) using an ldap user

I'm facing an invalid username/password error upon migrating object in deployment module (workbench) when i used an ldap user.

But if I run the shell script in command line using this ldap account, migration is working fine.

And migrating object in deployment module (workbench) is working when I changed the account from ldap to ppm account.

How can this deployment module (workbench) works using an ldap user?

3 REPLIES
PPM Admin
Respected Contributor.

Re: Unable to migrate object in deployment module (workbench) using an ldap user

any feedback on this?
Jim Esler
Acclaimed Contributor.
Solution

Re: Unable to migrate object in deployment module (workbench) using an ldap user

The migrator will use the password value stored in PPM when connecting to the source or destination instance, even when the user is configured with LDAP authentication. If the two password values are set the same, you will not have a problem. Otherwise, you must use the value stored in PPM. Note that if you set Authentication Mode to PPM and set a password value, this is the value used during migrations even if you change the Authentication Mode to LDAP.
PPM Admin
Respected Contributor.

Hi Jim,

Thanks! it works.

But I just want to highlight that we cannot used 2 different passwords (ldap and ppm stored), this passwords should be the same at all time to be able to work. Because the fields validation authenticates the user access based on its ldap credentials. And also the migrator only gets the ppm stored password but still authenticates it thru ldap credentials.

Chona