Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Unable to install Service Packs due to an error "Could not extract jar file"

Highlighted
RipSandhu
Occasional Advisor

Unable to install Service Packs due to an error "Could not extract jar file"

We currently have PPMC 7.1 SP8 installed on WinServer2003 (SP2) and using JDK 1.5.0_11.

Issue:

While trying to deploy SP11 using kDeploy.sh command "ERROR: Could not extract jar file." is coming. We have also set permissions 777 on the executable jar file "mitg-710-SP11.jar" and the file is located in directory.

Below is the snapshot:
-----------------------------------
bash-3.2$ sh kDeploy.sh -i SP11
bash.exe: warning: could not create /tmp!
JAVA_HOME = E:/jdk1.5.0_11
java version "1.5.0_11"
Java(TM) 2 Runtime Environment, Standard Edition (build 1.5.0_11-b03)
Java HotSpot(TM) Client VM (build 1.5.0_11-b03, mixed mode, sharing)

Please enter the DB password for ppmuser:

Extracting patch files

ERROR: Could not extract jar file.
---------------------------------------------

On the same Win2003 machine we also have PPMC7.5 SP2 running and even while trying to deploy SP4 on this 7.5 instance; same error is coming.

Please provide your valuable inputs. Thanks!
4 REPLIES
Erik Cole_1
Esteemed Contributor

Re: Unable to install Service Packs due to an error "Could not extract jar file"

Could be from that 'could not create /tmp' error, if it's trying to use that directory while extracting the jar. Have you created a tmp directory in your Cygwin root?
pdhawan
Super Collector

Re: Unable to install Service Packs due to an error "Could not extract jar file"

Make sure that the user that you are logged in as, has all the access to the PPM folder structure and all the sub directories under it.

also pl confirm that the patch that you kept in the root folder is .zip or .jar? it should be .jar
RipSandhu
Occasional Advisor

It was a permissions issue.
Adria Pendergra
Acclaimed Contributor

I am encountering this same issue. Can you tell me specifically what the permissions issue ended up being?

Thank you so much!
//Add this to "OnDomLoad" event