Unable to install MS project plug in PPM 8.2 version

SOLVED
Go to solution
Highlighted
PPMRam
Super Contributor.

Unable to install MS project plug in PPM 8.2 version

Hi,

While installing MS project plug in related to PPM version 8.2, we are facing an error like ' The windows installer service could not be accessed'. Please refer the attachment for this error.

We are using the MS Project server 2010 version. May i know the compatability version of MS project server for insatlling MS project plug in related to PPM 8.2 version.

Please help us regarding this.

Regards,

Praveen

3 REPLIES
Oscar_Pereira
Honored Contributor.
Solution

Re: Unable to install MS project plug in PPM 8.2 version

Hello Praveen,

microsoft project 2010 is not certified for PPM version 8.2

The compatible versions are MSP 2003 and MSP 2007

This issue is definetly related to the fact that the plugin is not able to integrate with MSP 2010

Regards

Oscar P

jsalass
Honored Contributor.

Hi Praveen,

There is a hotfix for 8.0 SP2 and MS Project 2010. Also, this is supported in the PPM 8.0 SP4 or in PPM 9.1 (starting from SP2).

I have attached the hotfix, please unzip it so you can check the installation instructions (you will need to unzip the QCIM1L40365_oneoff_MSP_2010.zip file too, there you will see the txt file with the final instructions).

Hope this helps!

Regards,

Jonathan

PPMRam
Super Contributor.

Hi Jonathan,

Thanks for providing solution, i will check it.

Regards

Praveen.

jsalass wrote:

Hi Praveen,

There is a hotfix for 8.0 SP2 and MS Project 2010. Also, this is supported in the PPM 8.0 SP4 or in PPM 9.1 (starting from SP2).

I have attached the hotfix, please unzip it so you can check the installation instructions (you will need to unzip the QCIM1L40365_oneoff_MSP_2010.zip file too, there you will see the txt file with the final instructions).

Hope this helps!

Regards,

Jonathan