Did you mean: 

Unable to copy request using ksc_copy_request

SOLVED
Go to solution
Highlighted
skbd
Regular Collector

Unable to copy request using ksc_copy_request

I must be doing something wrong, but I dont have the faintest idea what.

I am trying to create child requests from within another CR using the ksc_copy_request special command.

Here is my command:

ksc_copy_request COPY_FIELDS="Y" COPY_NOTES="N" CREATE_REFERENCE="Y" REF_RELATIONSHIP_ID="15" SUBMIT="Y"

Here is the resulting output in the system log when this gets executed:

ERROR :com.kintana.crt.server.CRTExecutionManager Batch ID: 179016:com.kintana.services.executions:2014/11/10-10:06:11.678 CST: java.sql.SQLException: ORA-20000: Request(45774) import failed with ORA-00900: invalid SQL statement {KCRT_RUN_INT-2270}
ORA-06512: at "CLM.KCRT_REQUEST_UTIL", line 2342
ORA-06512: at line 1

That line 2342 is part of the default coding within KCRT_REQUEST_UTIL and I have done nothing to modify it.

Any thoughts?

Steve

13 REPLIES
Franatucha
Super Collector

Re: Unable to copy request using ksc_copy_request

Hi Steve!

I'm having the same problem. Check out this post: http://h30499.www3.hp.com/t5/Project-and-Portfolio-Management/Workflow-Step-Command-Error-ksc-copy-request-ORA-01747/td-p/6668158#.VGEDDfmG9ic

I'm wondering in what PPM Version are you working on.

Thanks,

Francisco

skbd
Regular Collector

Francisco, Thanks for including my issue in your post!  Perhaps we can discover something beneficial between us.

I am running version 9.14_05 still but was considering an upgrade due to this issue as well as the recent end-of-support notification on my version.  But it seems that between our 2 versions, we are getting the exact same issue.

Franatucha
Super Collector

Hi SKBD,

I've updated my post with some news. 

Basically the command works properly when the COPY_FIELDS field is checked as "N".

I'm still looking for a solution.

Regards,

Francisco

I have even tried with COPY_FIELDS as N. But still i get the following exception

Beginning command: KSC Copy Request
Running PL/SQL procedure KCRT_REQUEST_UTIL.COPY_REQUEST
Summary of parameters:
FROM_REQUEST_ID=66885
REQUEST_TYPE_ID=31521
WORKFLOW_ID=
COPY_FIELDS=N
COPY_NOTES=Y
CREATE_REFERENCE=Y
REF_RELATIONSHIP_ID=15
STATUS_NAME=
SUBMIT=Y
PROCESS_RULE=Y
USER_ID=134391
VALIDATION_NAME=
Exception occured during execution: ORA-06510: PL/SQL: unhandled user-defined exception
ORA-06512: at "PPM.KCRT_REQUEST_UTIL", line 2342
ORA-06512: at line 1

ChandrajitRudra
Occasional Contributor

Hi,

The solution to this particular problem is:

Keep CREATE_REFERENCE as N

Regards,
Chandrajit Rudra

That cant be a solution, as everyone would want to create references.

The issue was that data in references table got corrupted. We need to be careful while setting up/creating any references in the backend directly with respect parameter set fields.

Thanks

Sakthi.

skbd
Regular Collector

Francisco,

Setting the COPY parm to 'N' also works for me, however, that is an issue since I need some of the target CR fields to be pre-populated.  I will see if I cannot simply specify the values for those particular fields in the copy command...

I know is not a nice solution but you can populate them with a UI rule if you need it urgently. Use the rule on the creation.

skbd
Regular Collector

Thanks Alfredo!  That is the direction I am working on this morning.

The issue I am trying to get around right now is dealing with the tokens.

I am not the most fluent with the tokens and so I am trying to figure out how to reference the field in the parent Request to use as a source for the child.

I am guessing it would be something along the lines of this:

[REQ.VP.DESCRIPTION] = [REQ=[<parent_request_id>].REQ.VP.DESCRIPTION]

So in a rule, I would perhaps do:

select "<hidden token value>", "<visible token value>" from dual

If in a workflow step, I would use:

ksc_store DESCRIPTION="<token value>"

The problem is that I am struggling with how to get that parent reference...  Since both parent and child have the other as a referenced Request, shouldnt I be able to reference that value via a token?  Or do I have to find out where they are linked in the database and then work from there?

Surely, I am not the first to do these things, but I am certainly no expert either!  

Any other help would be greatly appreciated!

Hi skbd,

If you are creating the request with references in the UI rules you can take your request id use it against knta_references to obtain the parent id project save it on a field and after that you can recover the data using that id with a select to the request, request headers and request details and set it to the fields.

Regards,

Alfredo

skbd
Regular Collector

Thanks Alfredo, I appreciate that info.

Steve

skbd
Regular Collector

OKay, I find that this is a listed issue with no resolution in sight.

https://softwaresupport.hp.com/group/softwaresupport/search-result/-/facetsearch/document/KM00356696

Bottom line are these conditions:

Issue with special command ksc_copy_request, used together with a request with Project Reference field group.

Solution is to Populate the Project Reference field. Issue occurs only when that field is empty.

Problem, I do not have a 'Project Reference Field group' and I cannot find a Project Reference field to populate to resolve the issue...

skbd
Regular Collector
Solution

OK, I have the solution that Support was able to get for me.

In my Request Summary (Header), I had co-opted one of the default system fields (Application Code) and replaced its validation to fit my needs.  This resulted in corrupting the copy process.

To fix it, I created a new specific Header, made that default Application field non-display (but left it there otherwise), Created a new field called 'Modified Application' using my validation.

I then set up a rule to update the old Application field any time my new field was altered so as to keep the two in sync.

This resolved the issue completely for me.

My thanks to HP Support on this one.

//Add this to "OnDomLoad" event