The community will be in read-only from Tuesday 11:59pm (PST) to Wednesday 7:30am (PST)
The community will be in read-only from Tuesday 11:59pm (PST) to Wednesday 7:30am (PST)
Project and Portfolio Management Practitioners Forum
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Unable to Create Project

Highlighted
Raka_1
Collector

Unable to Create Project

I created a request type for Project, in the Request Header Type I gave the field group as PFM- Project and also in the Project Type I gave the name of this Request Type. Now when I go into creating a Project it gives me an error which says cannot create a Project the error message is null. The way I created this Request Type was by copying the Request Type that was customized for a Proposal because I wanted to carry forward all the details from Proposal to Project.
6 REPLIES
Semenov Alexand
Esteemed Contributor

Re: Unable to Create Project

Do you create any WF for this request? Link to request with help rule in requet type in workbensh with apply on creation event?
Raka_1
Collector

I have the workflow all set there is the execution step Create Project that creates a Project from a Proposal but when I go and create Project bypassing Proposal Stage at that time I cannot create Project.In the field group I have set the 'Project Request Header' as PFM- Project and in the Project Type i have set the same request type.
Mahen M
Honored Contributor

Are you creating the project by ksc_create_project command? Please share the graphical view of your Workflow.

Regards,
Mahendran M
Semenov Alexand
Esteemed Contributor

For nofmaly creating project from Propossals you need set aqual 5 fields with field type and storage parameters:
-name
-manaher
-start date
-finish date
-region
if this field have same types and par-s then project myst created fine.
Good Luck
Raka_1
Collector

Actually the Project Type was not defaulting to the one set in the Request Type. Resolving that I was able to create a Project.
Raka_1
Collector

Thanks for all your help. It was really helpful
//Add this to "OnDomLoad" event