The community will be in read-only from Tuesday 11:59pm (PST) to Wednesday 7:30am (PST)
The community will be in read-only from Tuesday 11:59pm (PST) to Wednesday 7:30am (PST)
Project and Portfolio Management Practitioners Forum
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Unable to Create Project

SOLVED
Go to solution
Highlighted
EngPlan

Unable to Create Project

Our environment is 9.13.  I am attempting to create a new Project Workflow and Request Header and Type and receive the following error when I attempt to create a new Project:

An error has occured while creating request for project Test workflow and Form - 5. The detailed error message is: For input string: "DCPDS Project WF"

Where: Test workflow and Form - 5 is the name of the project.

Where: DCPDS Project WF is the name of my new workflow.

Has anyone run into this error before and ifso, how did you fix it?  Thanks.

3 REPLIES
dirkf
Honored Contributor

Re: Unable to Create Project

Hi Engplan,

can you create a new project without a hyphen, so for instance just 'project test' and if the issue repeats itself, look up the stack trace in the serverlog.txt and post it (or attach it)? If you get a correlation exception on front end, you can use the GUID to locate the error in the log and it would help to see the stack in order to find out where it's tripping.

Thanks and best regards,

Dirk

EngPlan
Solution

Thanks for the response Dirk.  fortunately (or unfortunately) I found the error to be of my own doing and resolved the issue.  Turned out that I had called the workflow from both the Workflow tab in the Request Type and created a rule within that same RT, so it was causing confusion on the part of PPM.  Once I removed the WF from the Workflow tab and simply allowed the Rule to take precedence, everything worked fine.  Thanks again.

dirkf
Honored Contributor

Hi Engplan,

no worries - happy that you found it.

Please be so kind as to solve this thread so that the folks can see that you are one happy dude ;-)

Have a great day.

Best regards,

Dirk

//Add this to "OnDomLoad" event