The community will be in read-only from Monday 11:59pm (PT) to Wednesday 7:30am (PT)
The community will be in read-only from Monday 11:59pm (PT) to Wednesday 7:30am (PT)
Project and Portfolio Management Practitioners Forum
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

USER_DATA

Highlighted
Raka_1
Collector

USER_DATA

I have 2 fields Application and application Owner. I want to use the User data to Populate the Application Owner field. I did add the user data to the applications validation list but i do not know how to bring that on the front end.
6 REPLIES
Mahen M
Honored Contributor

Re: USER_DATA

Can you explain more?

Regards,
Mahendran M
shygirl
Regular Collector

You can create a rule to populate the value of the application owner field depending on the value of application.e.g.

select lookup_code,meaning fron knta_lookups where lookup_type = 'Validation of application owner' and user_data = [token of application]

just like this...i am not really sure that this is what your trying to achieve.
Raka_1
Collector

There was this requirement where we wanted to link Application Owner to Application. Like when ever some one selects an application the application owner field gets populated by the name of the owner. The way I did this was I created a table with Application and Application Owner field and wrote a rule for the automatic population of application Owner. Right now we want to get away from this approach and use the USER DATA functionality reason being we want to do updates from the workbench and we do not have to update the database every time there is an update. I did create a new USER DATA for the validation application and in the field section gave the application owner. Now when I go into the Applicaton validation list for each application I am able to pick the Owners name but I do not know how to show that on the request form.
Vibhor Dwivedi
Regular Collector

If you make a userdata and make it enable for request type you will be able to see on all the request types....

It will be visible as a new section named userdata on your request..
Vibhor Dwivedi
Regular Collector

You can use your same functionality of populate application owner field using rule...

in place of fetching data from your own customize table you can use something like below sql..

select visible_user_data1,user_data1 from knta_lookups where lookup_meaning='' and lookup_type=''

(Change validation name and field token as per your need.)

it will return visible and hidden value for application owner .Populate that value in application owner field
Raka_1
Collector

Vibhor-

How would I populate that field.
//Add this to "OnDomLoad" event