Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

URL for attachments?

Highlighted
B Swanson
Regular Collector

URL for attachments?

Does anyone know if there is a URL you can use to access attachments?

Specifically, users want to be able to attach a graphic file (.gif, .jpg) and then we need to be able to display that graphic directly from a URL.

Thanks!
6 REPLIES
Erik Cole
Honored Contributor

Re: URL for attachments?

Are you intending to e-mail people the URL or something? After adding an attachment, you can right-click the link and hit "Save Link As..." (or the IE equivalent) to paste it somewhere else.
Alexandru Saven
Regular Collector

the whole point is to restrict the attachments added via the workflow through the PPM security model.

you can implement a workaround and have a folder which is accessible via the jboss (similar to the downloads area), but I would really NOT recommend this.

Cheers
Alex
B Swanson
Regular Collector

Here is more detail on what I am trying to do...

Users want to be able to add a graphic to the request form and then display that graphic on the form. I have successfully been able to put a Text field on my form, put a URL to a .jpg or .gif file and use a second field to display that picture directly on the request form.

Now, the problem becomes how to provide a location within the tool to upload new grpahics for display so they can be stored and displayed. That is why I asked about attachments... it would be great if I could put an attachment field on the form for people to upload a graphic. Then display that graphic via the URL in another field on the request type.

I know this could work if we had an external web-based repository to put graphics, but we don't. Was hoping I could do it using attachments.

Hi

I havn't tried it, but it can work with standard attachment fields.
But you have to take into account somethings:
1. Name of files uploaded to the attachment dir changed to _
2. files are stored in sub dirs of the attachment dir.
The sub dirs correspondend to the las to digits of the fiels
3. is stored in knta_references after saving a request.
4. On PPM 7.5 you need a rule fired on saving of request to create the link in the new field
You need for this the token of attachment dir ([AS.ATTACHMENT_DIRNAME]), the sequenz_id (parameter2 field of knta_references where source_id = ), file name (visible_parameter2 of knta_references), sub dir (substring of parameter2), and the base URL of PPM[AS.BASE_URL]
5. On PPM 7.1 or earlier you need something
B Swanson
Regular Collector

I am on PPM 7.1... the rest of part 5 seemed to get cut off

Hi,

sorry.
Part 5 was just to say that you need someting to trigger the event "save of request" or a rule fired on field change with a SQL like SELECT 'TEXT','TEXT' FROM DUAL
and TEXT contains the complete URL.
You can build TEXT with '[AS.BASE_URL] || [OTHER_NEEDED_TOKEN]'...

Hope it helps
Regards
Volker

//Add this to "OnDomLoad" event