Project and Portfolio Management Practitioners Forum
cancel

UI-Rule vs. Status Dependency Rule to hide fields

Highlighted
Volker Schoettn
Honored Contributor.

UI-Rule vs. Status Dependency Rule to hide fields

Hello,

I'm trying to implement a UI rule to hide fields based on Values of a other field. However the fields are not visible when the rule is fired. But there is plain space left.
The status dependency rules rearange position of the other fields when a field is set to not-visible.

Does somebody know how to implement this function in UI Rules?

Regards
Volker

7 REPLIES
Sangiliraja_1
Honored Contributor.

Re: UI-Rule vs. Status Dependency Rule to hide fields

Hi,

I am not getting the complete scenario behind your requirement.

But one thing i can say is that, whenever status dependency of a field is changed due to an UI rule, PPM will never do the realignment of fields in the same page.

Thanks
Sangiliraja.P
Volker Schoettn
Honored Contributor.

Hello,

I have attached some screen shots.
Hopefully it describs my issue better.

Regards
Volker
Carlos Jose Gom
Trusted Contributor.

Its normal the behavior and dont have an easy solution. If you put not visible a field in status dependencies, when the request is displayed, no html code is generate for those fields.

If you use ui rules for hidding a field, the field is present in the request and you have the html code generated for that field.

That is the reason of blank lines, ui rules only changes the style for that field, with status dependencies no html is generated for that field.
Sascha Mohr_1
Outstanding Contributor.

Sangiliraja is right, HP must have forgotten to implement this feature. The space stays empty when using ui-rules. I did not try did in release 8 yet, as our dev instance throws jdbc errors since applying 8.0 SP1.
prabu.karunanit
Respected Contributor.

Hi,

It is Possible to hide the Space , You need to write a Custom JS Function , which will hide it.
I dont have the code, but you can try that if you know Java script.

Thanks,
Prabu
Ted Power
Regular Contributor.

This is a defect that has been logged, it seems as if everyone is running into the same issue. Here is what they told me.

Hi Ted,

Recently one of our another customer had reported the same issue. I have already logged a Defect Request #207219 for this. This defect will be rectified in one of the future releases. For now we do not have any ETA on this. To track the progress of this defect, you can open a support case with us and mention the defect number.
Volker Schoettn
Honored Contributor.

Thank you Ted and all other.

It is a reported defect, this answer is good enough for me.

Regards
Volker