Project and Portfolio Management Practitioners Forum
cancel

UI Rule is not working

Highlighted
SureshR
Super Contributor.

UI Rule is not working

Hi All,

In my request type there are 3 fields A, B, C. I want that for some specific value in B will make C as a Required/Not-Required. In my request type B is a non-editable field and it populates on the basis of A (help of one SQL rule). I have created a UI rule where I mentioned B in dependencies section, C is in Result section and setFieldRequired(true) function in Logic section. But this is not working. When I directly change the value of Field B (by making this as an editable field), it is working fine. Someone can please help me out.

Cheers!

3 REPLIES
Sascha_1
Super Contributor.

Re: UI Rule is not working

Hi,

it sounds like the UI rule will not work by non-editable dependency fields. Maybe you can try the following.

1. Make field B editable by default via status dependencies tab

2. Create the UI rule for field C (should work, because field B is editable)

3. Create another UI rule for field B (depends for example on request status), which will make it non-editable again = setFieldEditable(false);

Please check, that the UI rule for field C will be placed before the rule for field B at the sequence.

Hope, that this will help you.

Regards,

Sascha

Celil
Acclaimed Contributor.

Hi Sascha,

another way,

you could change your rule as define field A in dependencies section. Beacuse when A change, B will be changed. So A equal B in change matter.

PS: Please keep alive our forum via kudos the professionals

Celil

IT Governance Professional
& PPM Solution Architect
SureshR
Super Contributor.

Hi Sascha,

Thanks for the replay. Just to inform you that there is no dependencies with the non-editable field. Any other suggestion.

Hi Celil,

I have already tried with this solution but this is not working. It seems the UI rule is not worked for secondry dependencies.

Cheers!