Did you mean: 

Troubles with Default Time Approver

SOLVED
Go to solution
Highlighted
roxor

Troubles with Default Time Approver

Hello,

I have a problem. It is somehow possible in PPM to update enabled and disabled resources and their dependencies on each other? We had one resource who was everywhere  - as project manager, as resource pool manager, as default billing approver, default time approver and also he was delegate for every user.

Now this important user left company, his user on PPM was disabled but he still figures everywhere. Problem is that now it seems to cause big issues. I have for example changed on one existing resource Default Time Approver, Default Billing Approver and Delegates and these changes are not reflected in user time sheets. So new default approver is not able to approve time sheets and so on.

This is also case when I now temporarily enable taht old user who was everywhere and do changes. S finally can't make changes in users delegates and default Time and Billing approvers...

What to do...

Thank you very much for your help.

Kind regrads,

r.

5 REPLIES
roxor

Re: Big troubles after user was disabled

Hello,

I would like to ask you it in another way.

I have a resource in PPM. I change his Default Time Approver and Default Billing Approver. Then I resubmit his Pending Aproval time sheets. Now when I click in time sheet on

Approvals/Transaction Details 

I can see change only in Billing Approver and Time approvers remains old. What can I do?

What I already checked:

- I don't use any override rules over time sheet policies.

- there are any disabled users in relation with this resource.

- I have run cachemanager.sh, restarted PPM application and cleared TMP and WORK directories.

Thanks again.

r.

Erik Cole
Honored Contributor

It should recalculate the approver whenever you save the time sheet. Does the new approver have the Time Mgmt: Approve Time Sheets access grant? Are you dealing with any situations where the time is for a project and the old user is still listed as the project's manager, etc?

roxor

Hello Eric,

you were right. I had disabled user in project managers on the project.

But now I am little bit confused. I have removed old user form project and now when I go to the time sheet I can see that Default Time approver is another project manager (first in alphabet) from that project. But on my resource I have another Default Time Approver. So there is change but it is not what I expected.

Project manager on project overrides Default Time Approver who is set directly on resource? Is this standard?

Kind regrads,

r.

Erik Cole
Honored Contributor
Solution

Yes, Project manager on the project overrides Default Time Approver who is set directly on resource IF your project settings specify it to.

Project Settings > Cost & Effort > "Time logged against this project must be approved by a project representative from the following group..."

roxor

Eric, this was very helpful. Thank you very much. I didn't know this.

Kind regrads,
r.
//Add this to "OnDomLoad" event