Project and Portfolio Management Practitioners Forum
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Trouble with table component in Request type referencing tokens in the request details section

Highlighted
bzdafro
Collector

Trouble with table component in Request type referencing tokens in the request details section

I have a request type that I am updating.  It currently has a field on the form that is a validation (command with delimited output) which works fine.  It reads from a csv file using the "ksc_capture_output grep [REQD.VP.TLA] d:\file.csv"

I am trying to move this into a table component, because the user should be able to add multiple rows of information.   I added it to the table component the same way it was working in the request details section.   For some reason the table component doesnt want to resolve ANY token in the request details section on the form.  However, the table component will resolve the tokens if used within a validation (SQL - Custom).   Anyone run into this before?  The VMAG.pdf doesnt show any examples of referencing request fields in a table component.  It only shows the other way around.   Is there another token name I should be using instead of REQD.VP.TLA?    I have tried every combination I can think of...  REQ.P.TLA,  REQD.P.TLA., P.TLA.... 

6 REPLIES
sebastianrm
Super Collector

Re: Trouble with table component in Request type referencing tokens in the request details section

Hi, which version of PPM and SP r u usign?

S

bzdafro
Collector

Re: Trouble with table component in Request type referencing tokens in the request details section

7.5.0  no service packs.   Running on Windows server.

Jim Esler
Honored Contributor

The release notes for the 7.5 service packs list a lot of fixes for problems related to table components. It may or may not solve your problem but you should upgrade to the current level.

sebastianrm
Super Collector

Uhm, i think we had this issue once.

I think SP7 may solve this.Pls, try to read release notes or consult support.

Hope it helps,

S

bzdafro
Collector

Ok thanks

SriChaw
Occasional Advisor

Hi,

I ran into same issue even in 9.14.0005 version, I could not figure out how to use request type tokens in table component rules.

Please let me know if it was resolved in your case.

Thanks !

Srikanth

//Add this to "OnDomLoad" event