Project and Portfolio Management Practitioners Forum
cancel

Tracking Time at the Summary Level

Highlighted
Stephen Cates
Trusted Contributor.

Tracking Time at the Summary Level

Under the "Project Settings" for a project you are able to set how actuals are tracked against the project in the "Time Management" section. If I set the "Track time at the" to "Summary tasks at hierarchy level:" "Level 3", what table/field would I look at to see the changes I just made? I have searched extensively through the Data Model Guide and the closest I came was in WP_TASK_INFO / TASK_TYPE_CODE.
5 REPLIES
Jason Nichols K
Acclaimed Contributor.

Re: Tracking Time at the Summary Level

Stephen,

The Project Settings are stored in the ITG_SETTINGS_* tables. It's a little convoluted to get to the data you are looking for, but it's there.

Jason
Stephen Cates
Trusted Contributor.

Convoluted is an understatement. The data may be there but they sure do hide it well. We typically run 35-65 projects per week and all I want to do is run a QA SQL that shows any projects that are not set to "Summary tasks at hierarchey level". I have been at it most of the day and still cannot find a simple answer. Can you give me a little more info. "collapsedSummaryTaskIds" is the closest "NAME" I have found. I see where you would use "KEY_ATTRIBUTE_ID" to link back to the "ITG_SETTINGS_ATTRIBUTES" to get the workplan id but I must be overlooking something.
Jason Nichols K
Acclaimed Contributor.

Stephen,

Here's on SQL query I use to get whether or SPI is enabled for a Project based on the Financial Summary ID (Prj.budget_id).

SELECT isa.value
INTO spiEnabled
FROM kcrt_fg_pfm_project fg
, pm_project_types pt
, itg_settings_attributes isa
, itg_settings_cont_attrs isca
WHERE fg.prj_financial_summary_id = Prj.budget_id
AND fg.prj_project_id = pt.project_id
AND isca.settings_container_id = pt.pt_settings_key
AND isa.settings_attribute_id = isca.settings_attribute_id
AND isca.attr_map_key = 'SPI.enabled';

This at least will give you a connection of how the appropriate tables are interlinked. I think the attr_map_key you are looking for is 'CE.trackTimeLevel'. See if this helps you get closer to what you need.

Jason
Stephen Cates
Trusted Contributor.

Thanks the SQL was very helpful. I found the field of interest in the ITG_SETTINGS_ATTRIBUTES table in the field named "VALUE". But first I limited the ATTR_MAP_Key" in the ITG_SETTINGS_CONT_ATTRS table to only values of "CE.trackTimeLevel". I can now check all of the active projects to make sure they have the "TIME MANAGEMENT" values set correctly. AGAIN...... thanks...
Stephen Cates
Trusted Contributor.

As I indicated in the thread, the sample SQL provided was tremendously helpful in identifying what I needed. With a few modifications and discoveries, I was able to produce what I needed.