The community will be in read-only from Tuesday 11:59pm (PST) to Wednesday 7:30am (PST)
The community will be in read-only from Tuesday 11:59pm (PST) to Wednesday 7:30am (PST)
Project and Portfolio Management Practitioners Forum
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Total capacity of a resource pool

Highlighted
Deepak Bhattad
Regular Collector

Total capacity of a resource pool

Hi,

I understand that the KRSC_RSC_POOL_PERIOD_SUM is the DB table that provides the total capacity of a resource pool for any month.

However there are quite a few discrepancies in terms of the number of FTE s that this table provides and the actual FTEs that is displayed in the system.

Just for your informaiton the system default calendar is different from the default region set up for the resource pool and the resoures in the pool. The region set up for the resource pool and the resources is the same which is different from the system default region. Is this an issue?

Where does the system display the FTE s from? (DB table) because it looks like the system does not use the KRSC_RSC_POOL_PERIOD_SUM table.

Any insight into this aspect of PPM is greatly appreciable.

Regards,

Deepak

2 REPLIES
Erik Cole
Honored Contributor

Re: Total capacity of a resource pool

You know you have to divide total_fte by 100 right? So a value of "250" in the table is really 2.5 FTE...

Deepak Bhattad
Regular Collector

Re: Total capacity of a resource pool

Hi Eric,

Thanks for that check.

Yes I do understand that the effort in the table needs to be divided by 100.

My issue here is that the numbers displayed in the resource pool in the system and the numbers in the table  are not the same.

Say for example a resource pool A has a total capacity per the system as 1.9 whereas the total that I get when I query the database by summing up individual rows is not 1.9 but more than that.

However What I have noticed is that the rsc_rp_distribution_entries table when used in the query gives you the exact number as displayed in the applicaiton.

Deepak

//Add this to "OnDomLoad" event