The community will be in read-only from Monday 11:59pm (PT) to Wednesday 7:30am (PT)
The community will be in read-only from Monday 11:59pm (PT) to Wednesday 7:30am (PT)
Project and Portfolio Management Practitioners Forum
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Tokens in Project Request

Highlighted
Sviatlana
Occasional Contributor

Tokens in Project Request

Hello,

I need help with referencing to fields in Project. For the needs of integration I'm using a special command ksc_local_exec for calling an sh script with the parameters.
I need to get the values of Project Manager Username, Project Manager Email, Project Type using tokens. However I can't think of the way to write the sequence correctly.
The PRJ. tokens offered by the Token Builder refer to the Workplan for the project and don't give me any value...

Would appreciate any helpful advice!

Thank you,
Svetlana
4 REPLIES
Erik Cole
Honored Contributor

Re: Tokens in Project Request

Hi Svetlana,

[PRJ.PROJECT_MANAGER_USERNAME]
[PRJ.PROJECT_MANAGER_EMAIL]

should work for the PM. I don't know about the project type...I don't think there is a token, but you could use a rule to store the type name in a custom field and then reference it by request token, like

[REQ.VP.MY_PROJECT_TYPE_FIELD]

Actually, you can also reference the PM this way too:

[REQ.P.KNTA_PROJECT_MANAGER]

Hope this helps!
Sviatlana
Occasional Contributor

Hi Cris,

I tried all the variants...

[REQ.P.KNTA_PROJECT_MANAGER] gives me an internal ID of the user in the Project Manager field (e.g. "1" for admin)

[PRJ.PROJECT_MANAGER_USERNAME] is not interpreted at all
[PRJ.PROJECT_MANAGER_EMAIL] is not interpreted at all

I don't know for sure, maybe special commands work with tokens somehow differently?

S.
Sviatlana
Occasional Contributor

Sorry, Erik :)
Erik Cole
Honored Contributor

Yes, P.KNTA_PROJECT_MANAGER is the UserID. Try using VP instead of P to get the UserName.

You should also be able to get the e-mail address by nesting:

[USR="[REQ.P.KNTA_PROJECT_MANAGER]".EMAIL_ADDRESS]
//Add this to "OnDomLoad" event