Token

SOLVED
Go to solution
Highlighted
Mihai_Eminescu
Super Contributor.

Token

Hi,

I am trying to create an execution workflow step for a request type, that uses the values from a field created by me to select the next step it will execute. I would like to know how can I validate the token from the used field so I can correctly use it in the Execution step, because every time I reach this step in the PPMDEMO interface i receive an Invalid token error. I have tried to reference it as : [REQ.TOKEN_NAME], [REQ.P.TOKEN_NAME] and it still doesn't work. For an existing field when creating a request I used the same method and it worked.

Please help !

Accept as solution and give kudos to the author if the information helped you solve your problem.
7 REPLIES
dlinetsk
Super Contributor.

Re: Token

Hi there,

is your filed located on request header or request details? If in header the prefix is REQ., if in details the prefix is REQD.

Thanks,

Dmitry

Mihai_Eminescu
Super Contributor.

I am not sure if I understood what you meant, because I am new to this, but the field was created in the "Request Types" section. I've tried with "REQD" but it still didn't work . Same error : "Workflow_name (Step Invalid token, override with actions below)"

Accept as solution and give kudos to the author if the information helped you solve your problem.
dlinetsk
Super Contributor.

What is the exact token name? and what is the field (single select, multi-select)?

Can you send us the field definition please (screenshot)?

Thanks,

Dmitry

Mihai_Eminescu
Super Contributor.

I am trying to make an Execution step based on the values returned by the validation (CL_PROJECT_SIZE) which returns : Large,Small and Medium. I am using the same validation in the Execution step.

dlinetsk
Super Contributor.
Solution

your token should be [REQD.P.CL_PROJECT_SIZE]

This is how to set it up.

1. Define your field (you already did that)

2. Create an execution step with the following parameters:

• Execution Type: token
  • Validation should be the same as your field's validation - in your case it is CL_PROJECT_SIZE
  • put [REQD.P.CL_PROJECT_SIZE] into your execution section
  • select Immidiate for Processing Type

3. Define step transition from your execution step - the step transition should be equal to one of your validation values (in your case Large, Small or medium).

4. Make sure your user can execute the step.

Try that, and let me know if you still have issues.

Thanks,

Dmitry

Mihai_Eminescu
Super Contributor.

Thank you very much. You were very helpful. The only comment I have to make is that the token is [REQD.P.PROJECT_SIZE].

dlinetsk
Super Contributor.

upps, sorry for the token name - looked at the validation name rathern then token name :)

good luck!