The community will be in read-only from Tuesday 11:59pm (PST) to Wednesday noon (PST)
The community will be in read-only from Tuesday 11:59pm (PST) to Wednesday noon (PST)
Project and Portfolio Management Practitioners Forum
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

To increase no of custom fields in object type

Highlighted
hamsa rani
Occasional Advisor

To increase no of custom fields in object type

Hi All,

I have a requirement wherein I need to add some new fields to existing object type. But the OT has already used maximum no of fields. Please let me know the way to increase the no of custom fields. Please find the attachment for error.

The version that I am using is ITG 6.0

Thanks,
Hamsa
4 REPLIES
Raj Ghimire
Occasional Visitor

Re: To increase no of custom fields in object type

I think there is a limit of 30 parameters for Object Types and unlike Request Types, I don't think PPM lets you increase that unless they do in newer versions.
Thanks.
-Raj
hamsa rani
Occasional Advisor

Hi Raj,

Thanks for your input. Yes, you are right 30 is the maximum number of parameters that we can have in an object type.

Thanks,
Hamsa
bzdafro
Collector

Hi, I always knew about the 30 field max in object types. But just noticed in the error message when the limit is hit it says to increase the limit. Is this a feature it had in previous versions or is this message in error?
Jason Nichols K
Honored Contributor

I think this error message is just a generic message that is used for Object Types, Request Header Types, and Request Types.  I've seen similar messages when trying to add fields to full Request Headers and there is no way to increase the field limit on those either.  I haven't tried, but I would also guess that it may show up if you fill up User Data as well.

//Add this to "OnDomLoad" event