Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Timesheets

Highlighted
Sue Hannan
Acclaimed Contributor

Timesheets

Can you copy a timesheet from one week to another including all the tasks and actual time that was reported. Assume timesheet has already been submitted.
6 REPLIES
Sascha Mohr
Esteemed Contributor

Re: Timesheets

Hi. I don't know if my answer is true for all releases, but in release 8 this is the default behaviour. But the time sheet you want to copy from must be the immediate predecessing period (week).
Sue Hannan
Acclaimed Contributor

So you cannot copy from say this week over to last week if you forgot last weeks timesheet. The case is this, user creates timesheet and fails to look at the date so they create one for this week and it was intended for last week. Are you saying you can only copy it foward and not to a previous week (as in backward)?
Semenov Alexand
Esteemed Contributor

Good Day!
It possible for current user.
For this you need use "My time Sheets" portlet.
Press "Create new time sheet" and check "include items from my last time sheet". See screens in attach.

I use this. All OK
Good Luck
Sascha Mohr
Esteemed Contributor

That's right Sue, only from the immediate predecessing period's timesheet. On Semenov's screenshot you can see that tere is no option to chose from which timesheet to copy.
Users can create their own list of favorites, but they will need to do that themselves (and probably need to be trained to do so).
Erik Cole
Honored Contributor

Hi all,

You can copy time sheet lines from any time sheet to any new time sheet for any period, forward or back in time.

Go to the time sheet you want to copy, click Copy Time Sheet, then select the period you want to copy to.

Caveats:

It will copy lines but not any actual time from the cells.

You can't copy lines to an already existing time sheet.

The number of past periods you see in the dropdown are controlled by the TMG_PAST_PERIODS_TO_ALLOW server.conf parameter.

Hope this helps.
Sue Hannan
Acclaimed Contributor

Thanks to everyone. I should have highlighted the request to copy 'actual hours' from one time sheet to another. Sorry about that. This was the real need. However, all the examples and scenarios you all provided are helpful. Some I was aware of and others were new. Thanks!
//Add this to "OnDomLoad" event