Timesheets Work Item Type

SOLVED
Go to solution
Highlighted
shygirl
Super Contributor.

Timesheets Work Item Type

Hi,

I would like to remove the package and miscellaneous in the dropdown list of work item types in the timesheet. In version 6.0..it is using TMG - Work Item Types validation and i think it changed in PPM7.1 SP5 to higher SP version. Any idea how to remove these? I can't find the correct validation. Do I need to modify jsps?

Thanks!
13 REPLIES
Sascha Mohr
Acclaimed Contributor.

Re: Timesheets Work Item Type

In the later versions there are server.conf parameters to exclude these, like "ENABLE_TM_WORK_ITEM_PACKAGES". I don't have the documentation of 6.0 at hand though.
shygirl
Super Contributor.

yes..you are correct but that is for PPM7.5 to higher version but those are not present in PPM7.1.
Sascha Mohr
Acclaimed Contributor.

What happens if you disable entries in the validation? Does it change anything? You will probably need to run the cache manager after changing the validation.
Sascha Mohr
Acclaimed Contributor.

It's read-only in 8.x though.
Erik Cole
Acclaimed Contributor.

I don't remember how it is in 7.1, but I think there's also an 'allowed work items type' setting in the time sheet policy...
Sascha Mohr
Acclaimed Contributor.

I happen to still have the TM config guide for 7.1, there is a screenshot of the policy settings and the tab with the allowed work item types is missing there. Must have been added in a later version.
If the validation in 7.1 is read-only too, you could set the ENABLED_FLAG in knta_lookups for one of the item types to 'N', empty caches on the server and then see if it makes any difference.
shygirl
Super Contributor.

I have set the enabled_flag of the lookups to 'N', clear the cache but it did not work.
Sascha Mohr
Acclaimed Contributor.

Then it looks like it was never meant to be editable. Are you planning an upgrade soon? Problem would be solved then.
Plan B would be to change JSPs. But if you can avoid that, you always should.
I cannot help you to find the right JSPs though, because I don't have an 7.1 instance and these pages certainly have changed since then.
shygirl
Super Contributor.

Correct, in the upgrade it is easier so we'll just wait for it. Thanks for all responses!
Jyotir ++
Super Contributor.

Hi,

It can be done by changing in the one of the Property file.

But this change will impact for all the Time sheet policy , i mean globally.

Please let me know if that will help you.

Jyotir++
shygirl
Super Contributor.

Could you please elaborate the step. Thanks!
Jyotir ++
Super Contributor.
Solution

check out this property file.

/deploy/itg.war/WEB-INF/resources/web/Time_Management.properties

Comment the Work Items in this file which u don't want to populate.

++.
shygirl
Super Contributor.

Thanks..the file is TimeManagementResources.properties.