Project and Portfolio Management Practitioners Forum
cancel

Timesheet custom rules not getting triggered

Highlighted
SIMI SIVARAJAN
Trusted Contributor.

Timesheet custom rules not getting triggered

Hello,

Has anyone faced this problem where in the Timesheet Custom Rules are not getting triggered.

I have written a custom timesheet rule to prevent time submission against closed/cancelled proposals. The rule worked on the Dev environment which is  having a single server and two nodes.

I followed the same procedure and deployed the same files on our QA environment which is a clustererd environment consisting of 2 servers and 5 nodes. I have deployed the .properties files on all the 5 nodes and made changes to the server.conf file as well as created the config.xml on both the servers. Somehow the Custoem Rules are not getting triggered. There are no errors in the log files so I am not exactly sure what is stopping the rules from triggering.

3 REPLIES
Aurobinda
Respected Contributor.

Re: Timesheet custom rules not getting triggered

Hi,

Not fully sure and also not tried before. But, would you please try checking the below:

In the DEV env (where it's working) all the relevant files are also generating in TMP/WORK folder in DEV env, if yes, please check the same in cluster env.

Keep only one service node on (others off) and then try in cluster mode. Still you have same issue, then try copying and replacing the relevant files (make sure you have the backup) in the same node and jspcompiler, and then test once again.

SIMI SIVARAJAN
Trusted Contributor.

I have done all the above. But the same issue.

Still not able to figure out why rules are not triggering.

Erik Cole
Acclaimed Contributor.

Hi...in your QA:

TM_ENABLE_POLICY_EXTENSION=true in server.conf?

Do you get the message in the console/log during startup similar to

"Initialized Time Management policy extension, 2 rule(s) configured."