Project and Portfolio Management Practitioners Forum
cancel

Timesheet calculation error

Highlighted
sevcan
Super Contributor.

Timesheet calculation error

Hi all,

In the server.log we are getting errors like in the below. 

ppmHeavyServiceListenerContainer-1:com.mercury.itg.core.cost:2011/09/28-10:59:28.262 EEST: Error while recalculating the costs of time sheet (time sheet id = 31419), rolling back transactionjava.lang.NullPointerExceptionat com.mercury.itg.core.cost.CostEngine.calculateCost(CostEngine.java:424)at com.mercury.itg.core.cost.CostEngine.calculateCostAndContour(CostEngine.java:362)at com.mercury.itg.tm.impl.TimeActualsImpl.calculateCost(TimeActualsImpl.java:159)at com.mercury.itg.tm.impl.TimeActualsImpl.getCost(TimeActualsImpl.java:88)at com.mercury.itg.tm.impl.TimeSheetLineImpl.calculateTotalCost(TimeSheetLineImpl.java:952)at com.mercury.itg.tm.impl.TimeSheetImpl.updateCost(TimeSheetImpl.java:908)at com.mercury.itg.core.cost.CostRateRuleUpdateService.recalculateTimeSheetCosts(CostRateRuleUpdateService.java:365)at com.mercury.itg.core.cost.CostRateRuleUpdateService.processQueue(CostRateRuleUpdateService.java:188)at com.mercury.itg.core.cost.CostRateRuleUpdateService.runServiceImpl(CostRateRuleUpdateService.java:96)at com.mercury.itg.core.server.mdServices.PluggableHibernateMDService.runService(PluggableHibernateMDService.java:37)at com.mercury.itg.core.jms.service.impl.GenericServiceMessageHandler.handleMessage(GenericServiceMessageHandler.java:62)at sun.reflect.GeneratedMethodAccessor668.invoke(Unknown Source)at sun.reflect.DelegatingMethodAccessorImpl.invoke(DelegatingMethodAccessorImpl.java:25)at java.lang.reflect.Method.invoke(Method.java:597)

I could not figure it what the problem is ?

Do you guys have any suggestions?

Kind Regards,

Sevcan

6 REPLIES
Kerim KILIC
Honored Contributor.

Re: Timesheet calculation error

Sevcan:)

you need to define cost rate for that resource.

sevcan
Super Contributor.

Kerim =))

Thank you very much.

I hope you are doing well.

sevcan
Super Contributor.

Hi Kerim,

They told me they defined the cost rates but they still got the same errors. Is there any other things that we can do?

Thanks in advance,

Sevcan

Kerim KILIC
Honored Contributor.

you need to check the resources, whom timesheets throw error,have cost rates? there may be cost rates defined in the system, it does not mean that all resources have cost rates. if cost rate is defined for that timesheet, then you need to check periods.

sevcan
Super Contributor.

I check the resource. It has the cost rate and the time period is defined for that timesheet. But I see that they have 2 time period enabled following weekly and bi-weekly. Is that can be a problem?
Celil
Acclaimed Contributor.

It's not problem if you know what you want.
Did you create time periods by each period types?
Did you select appropriate period type that you use in timesheets in the time policy?
If you created time periods for one of the period types and you hav already selected this period type in the time policy, there is no problem and there is no need other period type.
Celil

IT Governance Professional
& PPM Solution Architect