Project and Portfolio Management Practitioners Forum
cancel

Timer in execution step

Highlighted
patrick-sa
Super Contributor.

Timer in execution step

Hi All,

I'm running a couple of commands in an execution step and this works well.The problem i'm faced with is that  after execution step completes execution,the front end takes a few milliseconds to update the data.So if i were populate a certain field,the field still shows blank even after successful execution of the step.If i refresh the page the information is displayed as expected.I have set the execution to finish before displaying results to users.

I'm thinking of creating an additional command after execution of the first batch of commands so that this command delays the page display by about 10 seconds to allow data to be populated.I know it exists i just cant remember how to do this.

So the solution would be

1. execution steps -> delay execution step -> display result to user.

Thanks,

Patrick.

2 REPLIES
Jason Nichols K
Acclaimed Contributor.

Re: Timer in execution step

My first question would be what commands you are executing?  Internal commands like ksc_store should show the data immediately upon page refresh.  Now, if you are updating data using a SQL script, things get a little trickier.  Theoretically, if you update the LAST_UPDATE_DATE field in the tables you are updating, PPM should automatically refresh its cache so that the new data will available to the server.  However, I have seen where this doesn't always work, and a manual flush of the cache may be in order.  This can be done as part of your existing execution steps, just put the following lines in at the end of the command:

ksc_connect_dest_server DEST_ENV="KINTANA_SERVER" 

cd $PPM_HOME/bin
./kRunCacheManager.sh A 
ksc_exit 

If you are already making a connection to the KINTANA_SERVER, you can exclude the ksc_connect and ksc_exit commands and just include the other two lines in before your existing ksc_exit.  This also assumes you have an environment variable defined called PPM_HOME that points to the root directory of where PPM is installed.

Utkarsh_Mishra
Acclaimed Contributor.

Re: Timer in execution step

Try these if it work..

1. Add one more SQL exectuion step and just put "SELECT 'SUCCESS' from DUAL"

2. Else at the end of your command call sleep using

ksc_local_exec sleep 2

Cheers..
Utkarsh Mishra

-- Remember to give Kudos to answers! (click the KUDOS star)