Project and Portfolio Management Practitioners Forum
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Timeout Based on Multiple Fields in Request

Highlighted

Timeout Based on Multiple Fields in Request

Has anyone ever configured different timeouts based on two different fields in a request while on a decision step? 

We have two fields, one a yes/no field, and the other with options of level 1, level 2, and level 3. 

If the value of field one is "yes", then the timeout is 1 hour and an email is sent no matter what the value is of field two. 

If the value of field one is "no", then we check the value of field two.  If level 1, then the timeout is 1 hour, and an email is sent.  If level 2, then timeout is 2 business days, and an email is sent when that timeout occurs.  If level 3, then timeout is 5 business days, and an email is sent when that timeout occurs.

Right now, my only thought would be to have a 1 hour timeout on the decision step, at which time it will evaluate the conditions for those two fields, first looking at field one, and not looking at field two if field one is yes, but not sure best way to calculate the time that has passed for the 2 business day and 5 business day requirement. 

2 REPLIES
Sascha_Mohr
Super Collector

Re: Timeout Based on Multiple Fields in Request

Hi,

I think there are two option, you can have the logic in an execution step or you can implement the logic inside the request (which I would prefer).

For that you need to create a rule with appropriate logic that is triggered on field change of the two fields you mentioned and populates a third (hidden) field with a number, e.g. '1' for one our. Then you setup a custom timeout in the workflow step that is set to the token of the hidden field with the '1' in it and select 'hour' as unit.

hth

Regards
Sascha
Utkarsh_Mishra
Honored Contributor

Re: Timeout Based on Multiple Fields in Request

Hi,

The best way to do this is by creating a Rule and based on the field values; populate the new hidden field with the appropriate values.

Finally this field can be used as Token for triggering the notification.

Regards,

Utkarsh

Cheers..
Utkarsh Mishra

-- Remember to give Kudos to answers! (click the KUDOS star)
//Add this to "OnDomLoad" event