Time sheet reminder time of day

SOLVED
Go to solution
Highlighted
Kevin Dwyer
Valued Contributor.

Time sheet reminder time of day

Hello,

We are on PPM 9.12.  We report time weekly are configured to send a single timesheet reminder on Mondays to let users know if they didn't submit a timesheet for the previous week.  For a year and a half, these reminders went out at 8 pm, but a couple of months ago we had an issue where we had to restart the services at 10 am and the following Monday, the notices were sent out at 10 am and continue to be sent at that time (actually, they have since moved to closer to noon).  Naturally, I assumed something about the restart reset the timing of the notifications.  However, we've since had several restarts in the evening, but the notifications are still being sent out at noon. 

From what I can tell, the timesheet policy config options only give you a number of days past the end of the time period, so why would the time of day change?  The server clocks appear to be in order.  I assume it's something to do w/ the timing of the 24 hour services, but I'm not sure how to change those.  I submitted a case to HP on this, but didn't get anywhere.  Has anybody run into this or know how this works?  My concern is that I get asked to send them later in the day and I won't know how to do that...

Thanks,

Kevin

6 REPLIES
Utkarsh_Mishra
Acclaimed Contributor.

Re: Time sheet reminder time of day

Go to OPEN->ADMINISTRATOR->SCHEDULE SERVICE page

and check at what time  the next "Time Sheet Notifications" service is running...

Based on this service timings the notifcations are sent.

Cheers..
Utkarsh Mishra

-- Remember to give Kudos to answers! (click the KUDOS star)
Kevin Dwyer
Valued Contributor.

Thanks Utkarsh.   I understand this is where I can see when it is going to run next, but what if I want it to run at a different time?  I would still want it to be a 24 hour service and I only want notifications sent once/wk, but what if I wanted that time to be 8 pm instead of noon?  How would I go about making that change?

Kevin

Jason Nichols K
Acclaimed Contributor.
Solution

If the service is currently running  at noon, try setting to run every 8 hours.  Then when the noon process kicks off, it will schedule the next one to run at 8:00, then change it back to 24 hours.

Kevin Dwyer
Valued Contributor.

Thanks Jason.  That sounds like a reasonable solution. 

I'm still curious as to how the services' times has become a moving target, but your solution will get me out of any jams with the users at large, which is what really matters... 

Thanks again,

Kevin

Erik Cole
Acclaimed Contributor.

I agree...you have control over the intervals, but not the start times. There are some instances where you might want to phase some services or run them differently durning off-hours (the admin guide even alludes to doing this) but you don't have that level of control.

Johannes Y
Respected Contributor.

Why don't you use a cron based timer? Then you can control the start time as you wish, for example "0 00 8 * * ?" would trigger the Time Sheet Notifications service to execute at 0800 every day.

Regards,

Johannes