Time approvers

SOLVED
Go to solution
Highlighted
Mohit_Agrawal
Frequent Visitor

Time approvers

Hi All,

As far as I know the default time approver for a resource can approve all the time sheet lines that resource submitted. And project manages can approve the time sheets lines for their projects only.

[We have selected "Project Managers" as participant group under the cost and effot policy for the item "Time logged against this project must be approved by a project representative from the following group:]

We have a case where the default time approver cannot see his resource's time sheet on the "Approve Time" page and only the project managers can see the lines for their approval. What would this happen? I dont think the settings restrict default approver to approve the time.

Any idea?

Thanks

Mohit

6 REPLIES
CGut
Honored Contributor

Re: Time approvers

Hello Mohit, 

If you specify here that time approval by a project representative is required, that requirement supersedes any automatic approval that might be specified in a resource’s time sheet policy.

Please let me know if you have additional questions. 

Best Regards. 

Carolina. 

“HP Support
If you find that this or any post resolves your issue, please be sure to mark it as an accepted solution.”
Mohit_Agrawal
Frequent Visitor

Hi Carolina,

Could you please let me know where do we specify this setting in the policy?

That default time apporver is superseded by project manager.

Nothing in my override rules...

CGut
Honored Contributor

Hello Mohit, 

I mean Auto-Approve time in the time sheet policy. 

If a project is integrated with HP Time Management and explicitly requires time approval by a project representative (as specified in the Cost and Effort policy of the Project Settings page), the time logged against tasks in that project is not
automatically approved, regardless of the setting of this option.

Best Regards, 
Carolina. 

“HP Support
If you find that this or any post resolves your issue, please be sure to mark it as an accepted solution.”
Mohit_Agrawal
Frequent Visitor

Hi Carolina,

Auto-Approve: checkbox is not selected in the policy. Even then default approvers cannot see their time sheets for approval. Any other reason?

CGut
Honored Contributor
Solution

Hello Mohit, 

I have found this information:

The time approver and billing approver results of an override rule for a project and its tasks do not take effect if both of the following conditions are met:

1. In the Dependencies section of the override rule, the Work Item Type is Project or Task, the Work Item Set is the project name), and the Work Item is not specified.
2. The option Time logged against this project must be approved by a project representative from the following group in the Cost and Effort policy for the project is selected.

Hope this clear your doubts. 
Best Regards, 
Carolina. 

“HP Support
Mohit_Agrawal
Frequent Visitor

Thanks Carolina,

I also found out that when option(2)  of the above is selected then default approver cannot approve.

Thanks a lot!

//Add this to "OnDomLoad" event