Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Time Sheet Notifications

Highlighted
eps414
Regular Collector

Time Sheet Notifications

In a brand new 7.5 SP4 instance I setup a time sheet notification to go out 3 days prior to end of period as a reminder to do your time sheet. However, the notfication seems to have put itself into a loop and was sending it self out every 2 hours for the entire day and was also sending itself to disabled users. Does anyone have any idea what could be causing this?
9 REPLIES
Mahen M
Honored Contributor

Re: Time Sheet Notifications

I have not worked in 7.5, Can you kindly show the Notification tab of Timesheet Policy where you have defined the Notification please?

Regards,
Mahendran M
eps414
Regular Collector

Word document attached with two screen shots of the notifications tab.
Mahen M
Honored Contributor

'However, the notfication seems to have put itself into a loop and was sending it self out every 2 hours for the entire day'

In the above phrase the 'every 2 hours' seems to be more confusing for me.

To my knowledge, There is no way we can set intervals for Timesheet 'Reminder' Notification. Even if there are intervals then it should be on hourly basis.

Any way kindly do the following test.

1. From the Workbench shortcut bar, select Configuration > Notification
Templates.
The Notification Template Workbench opens.
2. From the menu, select Notification Templates > Intervals.
The Notification Intervals window opens.

How many Interval name you see?

Is it more than default 3?

If so can you send the snap of the Custom entry.

Also I believe it is not an error from your smtp server.

Regards,
Mahendran M
eps414
Regular Collector

So I have figured it out. According to PPM it does not expect you to use "Reminder" notifications for time sheets. Any time sheet notifications are considered to be for delinquent time sheets. There is a service that is defaulted to run every two hours and checks to see if the user has submitted a time sheet yet and will continue to email them every 2 hours for a 24 hour period. You can alter this service by adding the TMG_DATE_NOTIFICATION_INTERVAL parameter to your server.conf and make it equal to however many minutes you want the service to run. For example I changed mine to 1440 so it only emails once every 24 hours. For my second issue, it appears that even if a user is disabled if they still have a time sheet license the notification will still be sent to them.
Mahen M
Honored Contributor

Good analysis.... Is this is present in any HP Documentation?

Regards,
Mahendran M
Mahen M
Honored Contributor

System Administration Page number :338

TMG_DATE_NOTIFICATION_INTERVAL
Determines how often the system sends delinquent time sheet notifications (see ENABLE_TIME_SHEET_NOTIFICATIONS_SERVICE
on page 300).
If you keep the default (120 minutes), a delinquent timesheet notification goes out to the user every 2 hours until he submits that timesheet.Default: 120 (minutes) Valid values: Any integer greater than 0.

Regards,
Mahendran M
eps414
Regular Collector

Kind of. I figured this out with a lot of trial and error, but between the Time Management Configuration Guide and the Sys Admin guide I figure it all out.
Mahen M
Honored Contributor

The Sys.config file.... I forgot to search.. Anyway good learning. Thanks.

Regards,
Mahendran M
eps414
Regular Collector

See thread
//Add this to "OnDomLoad" event