Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Time SHeet entry

Highlighted
Sangliraja1
Super Collector

Time SHeet entry

Hi,

I have requirement for time sheet entry by cloaking In-Time and Out-Time only. User doesnt require to enter time for a period against a task. They have to key in only the in-time and out ime of the office and system should be able to get the time for approval. Based on in-time and out-time i will be able to calculate the Overtime and those periods can be charged at a higher cost.

Is anyone have done this before?

Thanks

Sangiliraja.P

2 REPLIES
Celil
Esteemed Contributor

Re: Time SHeet entry

Hi Sangiliraja,

We didn't do that before but I think possible if your personel work on only one project or task. You can use timesheet web services. The tourniquet system call PPM create timesheet web service and sent in-time/out-time to only one project/task at the end of workingday. But as you know there is no field about overtime in timesheet. Bu you can calculate it simple way. The costing must be calculated in custom way, PPM can not calculate over time as default by cost rate system. You should make a portlet, PPM report or BI report.

PS: If the post resolves your issue, please KUDOS the professionals and mark it as Accepted Solution.
Celil

IT Governance Professional
& PPM Solution Architect
Sangliraja1
Super Collector

Re: Time SHeet entry

HI Celil,

For your information, there will be no external system where in time and out time are captured. I wish to capture in-time and out-time in PPM only.

Currently i am thinking of creating a RT that captures IN OUT time and use web services to create time sheets. I will have 2 work items one for normal time and another for OT and cost rules are depending on that work item.  Work item can be anything like Request itself. Also we are not going to using Project Management for capturing time. In my design i will be able to get everything using OOTB reports as well.

I was thinking if someone have already implemented this requirement and a design which is better than mine.

Thanks

Sangiliraja.P

//Add this to "OnDomLoad" event