Project and Portfolio Management Practitioners Forum
cancel

Time Management & Tasks

Highlighted
Tweed
Trusted Contributor.

Time Management & Tasks

We are trying to make use of the Time Management license module. Our goal is to configure the system to allow project task owners to be able to view and update the status and actual hours for all tasks that are assigned to them (we don’t really need them to submit official time sheets, we just want them to be able to indicate actual hours logged to tasks so that this information can be captured on the project workplan). Our understanding is that only those people with either Project Management or Time Management licenses can update hours and % complete for projects tasks. Time Management licenses are cheaper than project management licenses which is why we are evaluating the use of the Time Management licenses.

We have setup some test projects in our development environment. We setup the Time Management integration in the project settings/Cost and Effort section of the project. We setup a test user with a Demand Management and Time Management license. We created a basic timesheet policy (as general and unrestricted as possible) and associated the policy to the user. We assigned this person all Time Management access grants. This user is also associated to a resource pool. We used a staffing prolfile to request this resource for a project. The resource manager approved this resource for the project and the project manager assigned this user to some tasks. We then logged in as the test user (task owner) and attempted to view the task in the my tasks portlet. Despite lots of trail and error editing the “my tasks” portlet settings, we were unable to get any tasks to show up on the list.

Does anyone have an idea why this might be happening?
2 REPLIES
Sascha Mohr
Acclaimed Contributor.

Re: Time Management & Tasks

Is the workplan set to active and the tasks in question scheduled to start in the next two months (or whatever you configured in the my tasks portlet)?
Yevgeniy Demche
Valued Contributor.

Re: Time Management & Tasks

You should go to project work plan overview, drill into root task of the project and set it's status to "Active".