Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Time Management Reporting

Highlighted
Brandon Kniffen
Super Collector

Time Management Reporting

Hi All -

Here is my issue...we are using time management to track actuals against projects. I'm having some trouble getting the data out of the time management reports. We have users that are managers (direct managers) of resources and we have program managers that should be able to view data across all projects.
If I run a report as a manager I can view the time sheet (actual time data) in the OOTB reports (actual time summary, time sheet details, etc.), but I try to run the report without a resource filter across all projects as a program manager nothing shows up. I think this is tied to the security of the report and which person the resources report too. Is there a way around this? Is there a way to allow program managers to submit an actual time report for ALL resources?

Thanks -

BK
9 REPLIES
Jamie Becker
Super Collector

Re: Time Management Reporting

We created a security group called "Invoicing" and made that security group the Billing Approver on all users. This allows anyone in that security group to see all time entered against any project.
You could have a group called Program Managers and make them the Billing Approvers for all users.
Brandon Kniffen
Super Collector

Hi Jamie -

Is that the only way around it? Does the tool restrict other users/groups from getting this reporting data?

Thanks!
Jamie Becker
Super Collector

The security around seeing others' time is strict. Even as a "power user" (having all access grants) I was unable to see anyone's actual time. The vendors that helped set up our environment (a partner of HP)recommended this workaround when I brought this same issue to them.
Brandon Kniffen
Super Collector

Hi Jamie -

We tried the 'billing approver' security group, but it didnt work. We had to use the delegation section to get around the issue. It works now as a work around, but not sure if we are going to move forward with this solution. I'll continue to see if we can get another approach to work.

Thanks for the help everyone.

This is now closed.
Scott A. Wood
Super Collector

We didn't have this issue in PPM 7.1, but we do now in PPM 7.5 SP3. You would think users who have the access grant to view all time sheet summary information would be able to run the summary reports.
Jamie Becker
Super Collector

I received a one off patch from HP so that all users with the "view all timesheets" access grant can view all other user's timesheets. (I'm using 7.5 sp3 but I believe it can be used for other versions as well). check with Hp for the patch.
Alexei Malinovs
Regular Collector

We created set of our very own portlets to follow up on timesheets and time reported. Since we have written all SQL queries ourselves , we didn't have problem with access rights. So, now, whoever is given access to this portlet can see all time reported in the system.

That was our workaround.
Sangiliraja_1
Collector

Hi,

Yes it is true that we need to create own custom portlets and need to be very careful in creating those. Make sure that you are taking care of re approvals, rejection and all. As this will result in wrong results.

Even i have an abundant set of portlets created for reporting purposes.

Thanks
Sangiliraja.P
Cindy Ramberg
Regular Collector

Hello,
We are looking into this same problem with PPM 8.0 SP1. We need to have certain users including our PPM Support Team to be able to view all time sheets.

Does anyone have the Data Source SQL for their custom portlets that they would be willing to share?

We are scheduled to go live July 1.

Thanks for any help!
cindy
//Add this to "OnDomLoad" event