Project and Portfolio Management Practitioners Forum
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

The extension panel failed to load after PPM upgraded to 9.14 & Oracle Apps upgraded to 9.10

Highlighted
Arjun_K

The extension panel failed to load after PPM upgraded to 9.14 & Oracle Apps upgraded to 9.10

Hi There,

We successfully upgraded PPM from 8.01 to 9.14. Since we had Oracle apps installed we installed Oracle Apps version 9.10 on PPM 9.14.

Also, installed all the patches that are applicable.

Issue: When I log into workbench-->Environments-->Open Environment I see the below error

The extension panel failed to load.  If the extension Oracle Applications is installed, please log out and restart your browser to reload HP Project and Portfolio Management with the extension.  If the problem persists, contact HP Project and Portfolio Management Support. (KNTA-10392)

I see the same error when I open any user from SysAdmin.

We are on Linux and here is the list of patches installed

Deployment          Version Deployed            Description
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------
patch0007           914     2013-08-09 14:44:24 Service Pack 0007 9,1,4,6701
SP4v2               914     2013-08-09 14:09:46 Service Pack 4 9,1,4,1460
OracleApps912       910     2013-08-13 15:35:35 Oracle Apps Extension 9.12 Patch
OracleTech          910     2013-08-09 13:37:42 Oracle Tech Extension
OracleApps          910     2013-08-09 13:35:02 Oracle Apps Extension
SP1                 801     2010-01-12 11:01:30 Service Pack 1 8,0,1,839
OracleApps          800     2010-02-03 10:16:51 Oracle Apps Extension
OracleTech          800     2010-01-13 09:49:13 Oracle Tech Extension

Any updates on this would be helpful.

Warm Regards,
Mallikarjun.S
9 REPLIES
Jason Nichols K
Honored Contributor

Re: The extension panel failed to load after PPM upgraded to 9.14 & Oracle Apps upgraded to 9.10

I has this same issue last year and I needed to reapply the OracleApps912 bundle, making it sure it came from the PPMC_00098.zip file.
Arjun_K

Re: The extension panel failed to load after PPM upgraded to 9.14 & Oracle Apps upgraded to 9.10

Hello Jason,

I did re-apply the OracleApps912 bundle from PPMC_00098.zip file one more time but in vain.

Can you think of any thing else that I might have missed.

Note that this is an upgrade on top of HP PPM + Oracle Apps Extn which worked all good before the upgrade.

Warm Regards,
Mallikarjun.S
Akif Saburi
Regular Collector

This could be issue with the version of Java installed in your PC. I faced similar issue when I upgraded from 7.5 to 8.03. Extension panel will load only in Java 1.6.07 whereas workbench opens in any version of Java.

You can try using different version of Java.
ParamMugundhan
Occasional Contributor

Hello Arjun,

Any luck on this? Were you able to succeed?

Thanks

Arjun_K

Hi Param,

Yes, we were able to resolve this with the help of HP Support.

We had the install and Install the Oracle Apps extension on 9.14 and then apply a quick fix to add the missing servlet pages from the extension.

Let me know if you need the detailed description of the steps that we followed.

Warm Regards,
Mallikarjun.S
ParamMugundhan
Occasional Contributor

Hi Arjun,

Would appreciate if you can share the details and the steps. Thanks so much for your response

Thanks!!

Arjun_K

Hi Param,

Below are the instructions that we followed.

Please note that these instructions work along with the FIX ( Fix_50412.zip) that HP Provided.  You may want to check with HP support for this fix.

In essence, 3 important java class files were missing which are part of Oracle Extension installation. The solution was place these class files explicitly.

1. Uninstall the Extension (Technically disable the extension and delete it's DB entries) 
*Steps to Uninstall the Extension:*
Could you please disable the extensions as below, and then redeploy the oracleApps extension
UPDATE kacc_accelerators SET enabled_flag='N' WHERE accelerator_id in (1,3);
DELETE knta_archives WHERE accelerator_id in (1,3);
DELETE kacc_plug_tabs WHERE accelerator_id in (1,3);
COMMIT;

2. Reinstall the extension jar file : OracleApps
- sh kDeploy.sh OracleApps (Not OracleApps912)

3. Check the DB tables listed above for the status of the installation 
SELECT * FROM kacc_accelerators WHERE accelerator_id in (1,3);
SELECT * FROM knta_archives WHERE accelerator_id in (1,3);
SELECT * FROM kacc_plug_tabs WHERE accelerator_id in (1,3);

4. Deploy the custom Fix_50412.zip on the instnace 
Steps to be followed to deploy the Fix_50412.zip
Copy the Fix_50412.zip to <HPPPM_HOME>server/<NODE>
Unzip the file
Repeat step 4 on all the nodes if you have multiple nodes

5. On successful unzip/deploy of the custom fix, we should validate that the classfiles are placed int othe respective folders as below
a. <PPM_HOME>/server/<server_name>/deploy/itg.war/WEB-INF/classes/com/kintana/core/web/ servlet\ JnlpServlet.class
b. <PPM_HOME>/server/<server_name>/deploy/itg.war/WEB-INF/classes/com/kintana/core/web/ servlet\ JnlpServlet$1.class
c. <PPM_HOME>/server/<server_name>/deploy/itg.war/WEB-INF/classes/com/kintana/core/web/ servlet\ JnlpServlet$ArchiveController.class

6. Go to <PPM_HOME>/bin
7. Clear the server cache
8. Stop the server using "kStop.sh"
9. Clear work and tmp folders from PPM Home directory and server node directories
10. Go to <HPPPM_HOME>/bin and run kJSPCompiler.sh command from /bin folder for JSP compilation
11. Run kUpdateHtml.sh command from /bin folder
12. Start the server using "kStart.sh"
13. Delete Java temporary files from client machines
14. Log into the workbench and test.

Warm Regards,
Mallikarjun.S
ParamMugundhan
Occasional Contributor

Hi Arjun,

Thanks for the steps and yes, i will get the confirmation from support for the patch file. Just a couple of queries.

1) I see the steps talk about deploying OraApps. Did you apply OraApps912.jar after the steps OR you never applied that?

2) Customer had installed Object Migrator before in 7.5 but they never used it. 9.21 is going to be on a new environment(hardware), do you know whether something has to be done on the Object Migrator front? - Oracle extensions is more than enough to take care of the deployments right?

Thanks,

Param

Arjun_K

Hi Arjun,

Thanks for the steps and yes, i will get the confirmation from support for the patch file. Just a couple of queries.

1) I see the steps talk about deploying OraApps. Did you apply OraApps912.jar after the steps OR you never applied that?

Arjun: I mean the fresh installation of the Oracle Apps jar files specific the to the version.  Ex: In our case we upgraded from PPM 8.0 to 9.14 so this step was to install (Not upgrade)  Oracle App Extension for PPM 9.1x itself. 

More Info : Follow the instructions on the document 'PPM9.10_DeployMgmtExt_OracleEBusSuite.pdf' and the installation command : sh ./kDeploy.sh -i OracleApps

2) Customer had installed Object Migrator before in 7.5 but they never used it. 9.21 is going to be on a new environment(hardware), do you know whether something has to be done on the Object Migrator front? - Oracle extensions is more than enough to take care of the deployments right?

Arjun : If the Object Migrator is installed on the HP PPM server and if you are moving/cloning the existing Environment to the new H/W then yes you will have to upgrade your Object Migrator too.

Oracle extensions are more than enough to take care of the migrations! :- This depends again on the question that wehere your Object Migrator is installed?

Warm Regards,
Mallikarjun.S
//Add this to "OnDomLoad" event