Project and Portfolio Management Practitioners Forum
cancel

The command step, after token resolution, has exceeded the maximum allowed limit of 4000

Highlighted
skbd
Super Contributor.

The command step, after token resolution, has exceeded the maximum allowed limit of 4000

Help!

I am attempting to run very simple shell script commands, and I am getting this result:

The command step, after token resolution, has exceeded the maximum allowed limit of 4000. Please check the token(s) in the command step:
if [ [PKGL.SEQ] == 1 ]; then ksc_store REQD.VP.TARGET_LINE_1="Prod Ellipse"; fi (KNTA-10891)

The whole of what I am attempting to run is this:

if [ [PKGL.SEQ] == 1 ]; then ksc_store REQD.VP.TARGET_LINE_1="Prod Ellipse"; fi
if [ [PKGL.SEQ] == 2 ]; then ksc_store REQD.VP.TARGET_LINE_2="Prod Ellipse"; fi
if [ [PKGL.SEQ] == 3 ]; then ksc_store REQD.VP.TARGET_LINE_3="Prod Ellipse"; fi
if [ [PKGL.SEQ] == 4 ]; then ksc_store REQD.VP.TARGET_LINE_4="Prod Ellipse"; fi
if [ [PKGL.SEQ] == 5 ]; then ksc_store REQD.VP.TARGET_LINE_5="Prod Ellipse"; fi
if [ [PKGL.SEQ] == 6 ]; then ksc_store REQD.VP.TARGET_LINE_6="Prod Ellipse"; fi
if [ [PKGL.SEQ] == 7 ]; then ksc_store REQD.VP.TARGET_LINE_7="Prod Ellipse"; fi
if [ [PKGL.SEQ] == 8 ]; then ksc_store REQD.VP.TARGET_LINE_8="Prod Ellipse"; fi
if [ [PKGL.SEQ] == 9 ]; then ksc_store REQD.VP.TARGET_LINE_9="Prod Ellipse"; fi
if [ [PKGL.SEQ] == 10 ]; then ksc_store REQD.VP.TARGET_LINE_10="Prod Ellipse"; fi

To break down what I am attempting to do, I have a requirement to produce a workflow which can accept one or more process one or more object types to one or more destinations.

To do this, I opted to have the developer, first thing, identify the destination target for the line-item and then to store the destination in a token corresponding to that line item.

At first I was trying to use a table to be able to house a variable number of these tokens, but as I found out, one cannot update the table from within the package during workflow step execution...

So, I ended up with the approach above for better or for worse.  I feel there must be better solutions than this....

Anyway, I went with this very simplistic approach and I cannot even get IT to work....  somebody Help Me!

5 REPLIES
skbd
Super Contributor.

Re: The command step, after token resolution, has exceeded the maximum allowed limit of 4000

I neglected to mention that we are running PPM v. 9.32 on a Linux platform.

Erik Cole
Acclaimed Contributor.

Re: The command step, after token resolution, has exceeded the maximum allowed limit of 4000

Not sure I'm 100% following you, but does something like this work?

ksc_store REQD.VP.TARGET_LINE_[PKGL.SEQ]="Prod Ellipse"

skbd
Super Contributor.

Thanks Erik, I did try that previously, but something about the ksc_store command does not like the '[' brackets included in the command.

skbd
Super Contributor.

For further clarification of what I am doing, I am running the script commands in an execution step of a workflow using a Workflow step source as follows:

20160424.JPG

So, I connect to my Kintana server, then execute the shell commands and then disconnect from the server.

I may be way off base here in my approach to this, but I have been trying everything I can think of and pulling my hair out in frustration at the (lack of) results!

Jim Esler
Acclaimed Contributor.

The if/then/fi commands are shell commands while the ksc_store command is a PPM command. The two command types cannot be mixed this way. You should be able to put the condition part of your logic as the condition value for the command step, then just have the ksc_store command in the list of commands.