The community will be in read-only from Tuesday 11:59pm (PST) to Wednesday 7:30am (PST)
The community will be in read-only from Tuesday 11:59pm (PST) to Wednesday 7:30am (PST)
Project and Portfolio Management Practitioners Forum
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Text in the Project Phase field

Highlighted
Dominic Almeida
Regular Collector

Text in the Project Phase field

Hi

I need to know whether is it possible to change the text displayed next to the "Phase" on the Project Header.

like right now, the phase is "Project" and what I need to do is, that Project Phase is "Initiation" then "Planning" and then certain set of workflow steps it is "execution" and then "Closure"

Please see the image attached for the description.

regards - Dom
2 REPLIES
Jason Nichols K
Honored Contributor

Re: Text in the Project Phase field

That Phase field is an OOTB field that stores Prosposal, Project, or Asset depending on which PFM Process it is currently in. To store the Project Phases as you are describing, you will need to create a new field with a new validation that has your project phases. The OOTB field cannot be changed to use a different validation and the validation used on that field cannot be changed. All you can do is hide the field.
Dominic Almeida
Regular Collector

Re: Text in the Project Phase field

Hi,

and thanks for the reply.

this means that I can hide the field, even that is ok. and can i create a new field and place it on the same place ?

Kindly if possible, can you please let me know the procedure ..

thanks - Dom
//Add this to "OnDomLoad" event