Did you mean: 

Tasks with duplicate sequence number

SOLVED
Go to solution
Highlighted
roxor

Tasks with duplicate sequence number

Hello,
in one workplan I have found two tasks with same sequence number, This is causing problems. One of these tasks can't be moved, can't be set to 'complete'. I am not sure if I can delete it, because it is on PROD instance and users have cahrged time on this task...

Have you ever seen something like that?
What to do? Why this happened?

Thank you very much
r.
7 REPLIES
Celil
Esteemed Contributor

Re: Tasks with duplicate sequence number

Hi roxor,

It's obvious that PPM can't doing something bacause of this collision. The task which is can't be moved and can't be set to 'complete', you can edit the task from wp_tasks table. You can change workplan ID of the Task to 99999.

Celil
Celil

IT Governance Professional
& PPM Solution Architect
roxor

Thanks. Good idea.
roxor

We have still probelem with duplicate sequence numbers. User copied task, and it was copied with sequence number. Now this task is corrupted due to this sequence number.

Why PPM do this?
How to fix this behavior?
Have you ever seen this behavior?

Thanks a lot.
Celil
Esteemed Contributor
Solution

Hi roxor,

I think the reason of this, PPM build on web server technology. So even click a button two times is resulting error or dublications. Most of my users uncomfortable PPM late response because of web technology. I think PPM must develop a GUI like SAP GUI for more quick response and more accurate data.

Could you please send me your export data and tell me your HP version and SP level? I could import your data and try my solution. If I achieve a solution, I will inform you.
Celil

& PPM Solution Architect
roxor

You are right. It seems taht this issue is caused by too fast clicking:) Now I am able to reproduce this issue when I am clicking on copy and paste task button without waiting for response.
Celil
Esteemed Contributor

please let me know about the updates roxor.
thanks
celil
Celil

& PPM Solution Architect
roxor

Hi Celil. I have no updates. Ticket to HP is still without response. My PPM is version 7.5 sp7 but I was able to reproduce this issue also on my testing version 8.0.
//Add this to "OnDomLoad" event