Project and Portfolio Management Practitioners Forum
cancel

Tasks are not assigned from MP to PPM.

Highlighted
saiskt
Respected Contributor.

Tasks are not assigned from MP to PPM.

One User was recently added to XXX Project. Though this resource exists in the PPM tool (I can locate it via “Search Resources”), no tasks are assigned to him, even though I’ve uploaded tasks for him via my Microsoft Project Plan but for all other resources tasks are assigned.Could anybody let me know whats the issue here?
5 REPLIES
saiskt
Respected Contributor.

Re: Tasks are not assigned from MP to PPM.

Any luck?
Erik Cole
Acclaimed Contributor.

What does MSP say about that user when you sync the workplan?
Semenov Alexand
Acclaimed Contributor.

For best assignment we use usernames in MSP as in PPM.
For example "semenov-as" and send plan to PPM. All working fine.
May be you have 2 same resources Semenov Alexander and Semenov Alexander but they have not same user ID 1111 and 1112. In this case after impotr may be not assignments.
may be it help you!!!
Good Luck
saiskt
Respected Contributor.

HI Erik,

I can send information from MSP to PPM but I am not recieving any error or warning messages.Other users are able to see the tasks in their Dashboard but I am having problem with one particular user.

HI Alexander,

I rechecked in the tool and there is no 1 user existing and also the username in MSP & PPM is same.

Please help.
saiskt
Respected Contributor.

Hi, Issue got resolved. Actually in the resource sheet the resource id was given neagative whereas it should be a positive id. I changed the id to positive and now the user is able to assign the tasks to the user.

Thanks for your valuable time in trying to resolve my issue.