Project and Portfolio Management Practitioners Forum
cancel

Table date field outputs timestamps when referenced by its token in notifications

Highlighted
dlinetsk
Super Contributor.

Table date field outputs timestamps when referenced by its token in notifications

Hi guys,

Need your help to find a way around the following limitation:

I have a date field (validation Date - long, no timestamp) on my form. If I include this field into the WF Step notification using token [REQD.P.START_DATE] I get a nice looking date like  March 31, 2012 in the email body.

I also have a date field (validation Date - long, no timestamp) on the same form but in a table (a column in a table). If I include this field into the same WF Step notification using token [REQD.T.TABLE_TEST.TC.P.START_DATE_T] I get date in the following format 2012-03-21 00:00:00 in the email body.

I do not understand why the format is different - they use the same validation, store values in the same format in DB, but when referenced by tokens produce different results.

So, do you have any idea on how I can remove 00:00:00 part of the date when referencing a table date field in notifications?

I replicated the same problem in versions 8 and 9.

Thanks,

Dmitry

3 REPLIES
dirkf
Acclaimed Contributor.

Re: Table date field outputs timestamps when referenced by its token in notifications

Hi Dmitry,

I found an Enhancement Request which seems to indicate that this might be a known issue. The ER was never processed and the published doc is rotten, so I won't bother referencing it here.

What I WOULD like to communicate however is that the functionality of Table Components was completely worked over on 9.12 and following versions, so likely the behaviour of the notifications on those TCs might have changed there as well.

Which version are you on? Any chance you can test on 9.12?

Best regards,

Dirk

dlinetsk
Super Contributor.

Re: Table date field outputs timestamps when referenced by its token in notifications

Hi Dirk,

we are on 9.13 already and we still have this problem. We will be submitting an enhancement request to HP.

Thank you for the info.

Dmitry

Utkarsh_Mishra
Acclaimed Contributor.

On alternative to this would be to..

1. Create a Hidden field in Table componenet and use TEXT FIELD - 40 (validation)
  2. Now create a SQL RULE in table componement on Field change of START_DATE_T
    Within this mention the SQL as Select TO_CHAR([TOKEN_START_DATE_T], 'MONTH DD, YYYY'), TO_CHAR([TOKEN_START_DATE_T], 'MONTH DD, YYYY') from dual
    Make sure to keep START_DATE_T in dependency field and Next Text Field in Result field
  3. Next in notification use this new Text field token insted of Date token...
  4. In this way you can get same Date format within whole notification.

Cheers..
Utkarsh Mishra

-- Remember to give Kudos to answers! (click the KUDOS star)