Table component's column security.

SOLVED
Go to solution
Highlighted
AlekseyG
Super Contributor.

Table component's column security.

Hello!

I wonder if it's possible to set security on table component's column so that one of the columns would be editable by defined user only. Some workarounds using table component roles maybe?

Thanks in advance!

4 REPLIES
dirkf
Acclaimed Contributor.

Re: Table component's column security.

Hi Rosbank,

as far as I'm aware, TC security currrently per security group access grants only limits users from editing anything on TC, else they can edit the whole TC in respect to rows and columns. I don't think that we'd differentiate between rows and columns on this anyway.

There are a couple of ERs logged for security on column level or as follows on field level:

http://support.openview.hp.com/selfsolve/document/LID/QCCR1L51303 but so far, nothing in that direction has been implemented.

Best regards,

Dirk

AlekseyG
Super Contributor.

It's a pity(

But thanks for answer.

Tell me please if it's possible to use request's tokens in table element's rules to auto-populate the fields in the table with request's data?

dirkf
Acclaimed Contributor.
Solution

Hi Rosbank,

check the 9.12 Release Notes. You do have the option to use request type tokens but currently I havn't checked this overall - should help you though. Check page 61 and forward and especially page 72:

Considerations for Using Rules in Table Component

The new table component supports using simple and advanced SQL rules and UI rules on the following two rule events:

􀁺 Apply on creation

􀁺 Apply on field change

I'll attach the RelNotes.

If the question is answered, please do close the thread per 'solution given'.

Thanks and best regards,

Dirk

- kudos always welcome-

AlekseyG
Super Contributor.

I've checked - request tokens work correctly. But unfortunatelly there isn't "On page load" event - so i must make some changes in table element values to trigger the rule.

Thank you for help.