The community will be in read-only from Tuesday 11:59pm (PST) to Wednesday 7:30am (PST)
The community will be in read-only from Tuesday 11:59pm (PST) to Wednesday 7:30am (PST)
Project and Portfolio Management Practitioners Forum
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Table Security

Highlighted
Anthony Bachrac
Occasional Contributor

Table Security

Is it possible to set security for a field in a table? If not, can you create a field that does not display information (that is auto-populated via a rule) or is there an existing field type that doesn't display information?
2 REPLIES
Darshan Bavisi
Occasional Visitor

Re: Table Security

Hi Anthony,

I don't see anyway to hide the field on the table component. You can only make it read-only, but cannot hide it, unless there's a way out that I am not aware of.

Can you please also elaborate what is the business need? That would help in understanding the exact issue.
Anthony Bachrac
Occasional Contributor

Re: Table Security

The buisness need is to pass information (Username & password - that are populated via a rule) to an outside application. I figured out a way around it - instead of selecting the value 2x from the lookup table, I'm selecting null for the visible parameter & the lookup code value for the parameter. This way the information is not visible within the table, but is passed to the outside application.
//Add this to "OnDomLoad" event