The community will be in read-only from Monday 11:59pm (PT) to Wednesday 7:30am (PT)
The community will be in read-only from Monday 11:59pm (PT) to Wednesday 7:30am (PT)
Project and Portfolio Management Practitioners Forum
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Table Component creation procedure

Highlighted
Deepak Bhattad
Regular Collector

Table Component creation procedure

Hi,

I would like to know if there is a simpler way of creating entries in a table component than the 2 or 3 clicks and transition from one pop up to another.

Also as we know after we add entries to a table we need to come back to the proejct form and then save it in order to save the entires in the database. Is it possible to have a save button on the screen wherein the details are entered or any other simpler way rather than the regular way.

Regards,

Deepak

8 REPLIES
Utkarsh_Mishra
Honored Contributor

Re: Table Component creation procedure

I hope this functionality is intoduced in HP PPM version 9.2. i.e. directly adding data into table component.

Cheers..
Utkarsh Mishra

-- Remember to give Kudos to answers! (click the KUDOS star)
chonacaraan
Occasional Contributor

In 9.12, new table component layout was introduced. It was embedded to the form and does in line editing.

Deepak Bhattad
Regular Collector

OK. Thanks for the information.

However we are on Versio 8.0 SP2 and quite far from an upgrade for now.

Another question that I have is adding help text for a table component. Is there a way that we can add help text to each of the fields on the table component rather than adding it on the main form or on the second form that comes up when you click on "Modify Table" icon.

Also after you click on the modify table icon the help text comes in a system given format and does not accept HTML tags or code. Is this correct?

Another question that I have is if ther is a way not to show up hidden fields on the table component in the main request form?

Got a lot of questions and any suggestions are greatly appreciated.

Regards,

Niraj Prabhu
Frequent Visitor

Hi,

You cannot define help content on the table component field.

You cannot format to provide custom HTML code.  

You have to set Enabled = No to make hidden fields not available on main request form.

Regards,

Niraj

Niraj P.
Raka_1
Collector

Deepak-

What you can do is have fields on the Request and have a workflow step which will run the procedure to insert the table Entries. E.g we have  a Table Component for 5 Columns(fields) have the same Fields on the Request with, now write a Procedure which will take the value from the field and insert a line into the table entries. to call that procedure have an execution step that will excecute that procedure. 

mohdebas
Super Collector

Just a question regarding the hidden fields in table component, the problem is that we cannot set field level security for the fields in table component. So its possible everytime.

Has anyone worked on any such requirement or possible solutions?Sharing the same would of great help.

Thanks!

AlexSavencu
Honored Contributor

Hi,

you cannot set field-level security for the fields within the table component.

cheers

alex

--remember to kudos people who helped solve your problem
mohdebas
Super Collector

Hi Alex / All

So can you suggest how can we hide the hidden field in the table component. Till now we haven't been questioned about the same and have been using as its the last field in the table component. But someday we might be. So lloking for a full fledged solution (if any).

Thanks

Debasish

//Add this to "OnDomLoad" event