cancel

Table Component Token Syntax for KSC_STORE

SOLVED
Go to solution
Highlighted
JodieOndrejka
Super Contributor.

Table Component Token Syntax for KSC_STORE

Has anyone updated a field in a TABLE COMPONENT using KSC_STORE command?  I am successfully able to read a field in a table, but am not able to update a field in the table.  All the documentation shows tokens for a normal field on the request and nothing about the Table Component.  Everything I've tried provides me with an error "ERROR while setting token.
The token attempting to be stored is invalid. Please verify that the token name is correct. (KNTA-10234)"

Thanks

7 REPLIES
JodieOndrejka
Super Contributor.

Re: Table Component Token Syntax for KSC_STORE

Just heard back from a PPM Consultant and the way ksc_store is written you can't pass nested tokens. He also looked at the code for ksc_store and it is super complicated so doubt that they will ever fix it so you can update the table entry from a command. :(

AlfredoMonasi
Honored Contributor.

The easiest way to update a table entry parameter is using PLSQL, the other option are Rest Web Services.

JodieOndrejka
Super Contributor.

Thanks Alfredo.  Do you have an example or can you point me to the documentation for Rest Web Services?  Thanks!

AlfredoMonasi
Honored Contributor.

Hi J017, actually I havent implemented any rest web services in PPM, just SOAP Web Services where there is not such functionality but I'll give you the link where the topic was commented.

http://h30499.www3.hp.com/t5/Project-and-Portfolio-Management/Updating-Table-Components-via-Web-Service-or-PL-SQL/m-p/6127339#M21172

Would be nice if you check it out and share your thought. I have to do an implementation soon and I will need to do an update through Web Services to PPM Tables.

Regards,

Alfredo

AlfredoMonasi
Honored Contributor.
Solution

Document attached

AlfredoMonasi
Honored Contributor.

Hi J017,

Check if in the latest PPM Web Services Toolkit exists examples on Rest WS and let me know how things went.

JodieOndrejka
Super Contributor.

Latest update from HP SW Support: The command ksc_store does support nested tokens, however the product comes with a limitation, since we are referring to a table component and we are working with tokens in memory, the product cannot make the reference of the table component as a token itself, that is the reason why you get invalid token name (For the system it does not exists cause at this point this is going to be created).

They have opened an enhancement request on this: QCCR1L59083