Project and Portfolio Management Practitioners Forum
cancel

Table Component Rule

Highlighted
GMohanty
Trusted Contributor.

Table Component Rule

I am trying to populate a field('Send To') on the Request Form. It should be populated with the values from the Table Component Column 'HOD/Investigation Party:'. It is a multiselect field.

I have used a function(Multi_to_single) in the rule to get the values from the table component and populate in the request.

The function works fine at the backend. But it is not passing the Request ID when I checked on the front end.

What could be the possible cause of this issue and how can I resolve this?

Screenshots attached
5 REPLIES
Ranjeet Rain
Valued Contributor.

Re: Table Component Rule

You are trying to populate a multivalue field from a multi-multi-value field. Just be cautious and check the cardinality.

After making sure numbers match, try poppulating the value from your function (SQL code from field rule) into a plain text field. Does it work? Do you get the value(s) you should? No, check the function. Yes, Consider a different approach. The problem may be the fact that your target field (Send To) is multi select.
GMohanty
Trusted Contributor.

Thanks for your reply Ranjeet.

I created a dummy Text Field and used it for populating the values. It still doesn't work and throws an error.

Any suggestions?

GMohanty
Trusted Contributor.

If I run the function from backend by passing the Req Id it works fine. Attached is the function.
vatsan
Valued Contributor.

Hi Mohanty,
Can you please send the token(for request_id) that you pass from the rule to the function. Also, what value does the token that you use resolve to at run time? Can you please capture that as well. Thanks!
GMohanty
Trusted Contributor.

Now I have changedthe function. It passes the token of the 'Send To' field. Populated the results into a simple text field,it works. But doesn't work for the 'Send To' field which is a multi select ACL.