The community will be in read-only from Monday 11:59pm (PT) to Wednesday 7:30am (PT)
The community will be in read-only from Monday 11:59pm (PT) to Wednesday 7:30am (PT)
Project and Portfolio Management Practitioners Forum
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Synchronizing Actual Labor Costs between the Budget and the staffing profile.

Highlighted
Jaylen Smith
Regular Collector

Synchronizing Actual Labor Costs between the Budget and the staffing profile.

I have set up a project in which the Staffing Profile represents the work load imposed by the project and the planned labor lines in the budget are determined by the staffing profile lines and the planned budget amounts are calculated from staffing profile allocations.

in other words, we have a budget line that is taken from the staffing profile. We are entering actuals directly on the staffing profile adn would like the associated budget labor line to capture the actual cost.

I have not been able to figure out how to do this. is it possible to enter actuals on the staffing profile and have PPM then calculate the actual cost and place that information in the budget?

Thanks.
4 REPLIES
Semenov Alexand
Esteemed Contributor

Re: Synchronizing Actual Labor Costs between the Budget and the staffing profile.

Hi.
See Attachmen.
Good Luck.
Jaylen Smith
Regular Collector

Re: Synchronizing Actual Labor Costs between the Budget and the staffing profile.

Alexander, thanks for the information I can capture the planned labor costs in the budget from the staffing profile.

But I would like to enter the actual labor hours int he staffing profile and have those actual costs reflected in the budget.

I can see how to do this with the workplan but I would like to do this from the staffing profile. Do you know if that's possible with PPM?
Semenov Alexand
Esteemed Contributor

Hi.
In FinancialUG.pdf page 48 said that only planned labor cost may be synchronizing beefwin staffing and budget. I.e. actual labor cost synchronization impossible :-(
Jaylen Smith
Regular Collector

Been informed this is not possible. Will submit an enhancement request.
//Add this to "OnDomLoad" event