Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Sub work flows in workflow

Highlighted
Nimmakayala
Occasional Contributor

Sub work flows in workflow

Hello Team,

We have an issue in workflow, we have developed an work flow consists of 3 subworkflows A,B,C

And each work flow i have added my name in the security group so that i have the buttons of ' Over ride Success' and 'Over ride Failure',. So in the sub work flow of A i have the three steps like A.1,A.2,A.3,A.4.  Currently my project is at status of A.2 , user want to move the subwork flow from A.2 to B directly with out taking the actions on the other two steps. So i clicked on the 'Over ride success' button, it went to B subwork flow, but the issue is the other two steps of A subwork flow A.3 and A.4 is cancelled. Is this is functionality of PPM?, if not please help me to understand this issue.

Regards,

Praveen.

2 REPLIES
Derek Giedd
Frequent Visitor

Re: Sub work flows in workflow

You should only see the step you were on, when you clicked the override button, with a Cancelled status.  I created a simple wf and sub-wf to test this. When the request had advanced to the 2nd step in the sub-wf I clicked override success and I only see a Cancelled status on the 2nd step of the sub-wf.  The other steps show no status.  The only way you should see a cancelled status on the other steps is if they were also eligible when you clicked Override.

-- Remember to give Kudos to answers! (click the KUDOS star)
Nimmakayala
Occasional Contributor

Re: Sub work flows in workflow

Hi,

As per your response i understood that thePPM functionality will be like this only like when we click on Over ride success button the subwork flow of A  the remaining steps would be cancelled apart from the passed through steps in the same sub work flow. of A. 

Regards,

Praveen.

//Add this to "OnDomLoad" event