Project and Portfolio Management Practitioners Forum
cancel

Sub work flows in workflow

Highlighted
Nimmakayala
Trusted Contributor.

Sub work flows in workflow

Hello Team,

We have an issue in workflow, we have developed an work flow consists of 3 subworkflows A,B,C

And each work flow i have added my name in the security group so that i have the buttons of ' Over ride Success' and 'Over ride Failure',. So in the sub work flow of A i have the three steps like A.1,A.2,A.3,A.4.  Currently my project is at status of A.2 , user want to move the subwork flow from A.2 to B directly with out taking the actions on the other two steps. So i clicked on the 'Over ride success' button, it went to B subwork flow, but the issue is the other two steps of A subwork flow A.3 and A.4 is cancelled. Is this is functionality of PPM?, if not please help me to understand this issue.

Regards,

Praveen.

2 REPLIES
Derek Giedd
Honored Contributor.

Re: Sub work flows in workflow

You should only see the step you were on, when you clicked the override button, with a Cancelled status.  I created a simple wf and sub-wf to test this. When the request had advanced to the 2nd step in the sub-wf I clicked override success and I only see a Cancelled status on the 2nd step of the sub-wf.  The other steps show no status.  The only way you should see a cancelled status on the other steps is if they were also eligible when you clicked Override.

-- Remember to give Kudos to answers! (click the KUDOS star)
Nimmakayala
Trusted Contributor.

Re: Sub work flows in workflow

Hi,

As per your response i understood that thePPM functionality will be like this only like when we click on Over ride success button the subwork flow of A  the remaining steps would be cancelled apart from the passed through steps in the same sub work flow. of A. 

Regards,

Praveen.