Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Strange behavior: Unable to find Notification for a Workflow step

Highlighted
Alex Madison
Super Collector

Strange behavior: Unable to find Notification for a Workflow step

Hello,
We are facing strange behavior in HP PPM 7.1 or maybe we are overlooking something.
I am unable to find a notification which is sent to our users at project completion step.

When our project workflow step reaches project completion phase and the user actions on 'Project Complete' step, we have a notification which is sent out the project manager and other Managers of the business unit are also copied on it. However, when I try to go to the workflow and see the notification tab on this step, it does not show me the notification which is being sent.

To make sure, I have opened all the workflow steps to see if I could find any notification in the notification tab, but I couldn't find any.
ANy idea, from where this notification might be getting trieegered from if this isn't existing in the workflow???

Thanks in advance for your suggestions.

Alex.
5 REPLIES
Erik Cole_1
Esteemed Contributor

Re: Strange behavior: Unable to find Notification for a Workflow step

Are you sure you're looking at the right workflow?

Any subworkflows involved?

Anything configured at the Request Type level?
Alex Madison
Super Collector

Hi Eric,
We do not have any other sub workflows and we have only two workflows, one of which is the proposal workflow which gets converted to a project request on completion. The other workflow is the project workflow which sends out the notification when the project is completed.
I do have the notification text format containing the tokens of the notification which is sent out after the project is marked as complete. I am just not able to reference this notification anywhere.
Any other way I could find out the presence of this notification, searching for a particular line of text to find it?
Quite a puzzle here. Any help would be great.
Alex Madison
Super Collector

It would call it little silly but this notification was setup in an execution step and for some reason I just overlooked it inspite of working on this application since eternity!!! Sometimes, its just one area which we tend to overlook when it seeks most attention.

Problem solved. Sorry for making you scratch your brains for a something as simple.
Thanks,
Alex.
Alex Madison
Super Collector

Closing this thread.
Alex Madison
Super Collector

The notification, which was obvious, was being triggered by an excution step.
No further complications for a simple procedure.
Thanks!
//Add this to "OnDomLoad" event