Did you mean: 

Steps to shutdown and Restart Kintana server

SOLVED
Go to solution
Highlighted
VermaR
Occasional Advisor

Steps to shutdown and Restart Kintana server

What are the various steps/commands that are needed to shutdown and restart the Kintana Server? kstop.sh and kstart.sh are the actual ones which are used generally. But are there any other scenarios where more commnds may be used before kstart.sh is executed?
6 REPLIES
Erik Cole
Honored Contributor

Re: Steps to shutdown and Restart Kintana server

More commands to do what?

kUpdateHtml.sh is typically run after any server.conf updates...
Mahen M
Honored Contributor

Erik,
Is running 'kStop.sh' and 'kStart.sh' is the correct procedure to bounce the server?

When we raise the request to bounce to our Application Server Administrator, they used to go to (Right Click My Computer) -> Manage -> Services and Applications -> Services ->Right click on Server name and click Stop.

Please advice what is the difference between the two. I have no knowlege in bouncing the server part.

Thank you.

Regards,
Mahendran M
Niraj Prabhu
Frequent Visitor
Solution

Mahendran,

The command execution is from Unix environment. If you have Windows platform and installed Unix simulator like Cygwin then you can still use these commands.

You can use following methods,
1. sh kStop.sh -now -user
2. Execute
ps -ef | grep DNAME
This will show you what services are running and give you a process ID number (PID). You can then use this command:
Kill -9
3. Restart the Server itself.

Thanks!
Niraj
Niraj P.
Mahen M
Honored Contributor

Thanks Niraj,

Last week I had a Problem with Package movement.

I got 'Out of memory exception' When I tried to move a Package from QA to PROD.... I found out that my QA Server is too full.

In this Scenario what I need to do? I heard that restarting servers helps us find some space.

Regards,
Mahendran M
Erik Cole
Honored Contributor

Mahendran, if you've got PPM installed as a Windows service (on a Windows server) then you can do it either way, but I would probably stick to restarting the service like you're already doing.
Mahen M
Honored Contributor

Thanks Erik.

Regards,
Mahendran M
//Add this to "OnDomLoad" event