Project and Portfolio Management Practitioners Forum
cancel

Staffing Profiles Being Copied from Requests to Projects - Advice&Help

Highlighted
Ryan Grobler
Super Contributor.

Staffing Profiles Being Copied from Requests to Projects - Advice&Help

Hi All

We have an issue with staffing profiles and projects.

We create free standing profiles and attach them to Proposals, when the project gets generated, it copies the Staffing Profile, so we end up with 2 profiles and it doubles the demand and the commitments.

Is this normal PPM behaviour, or can it be modified so the Staffing Profile moves onto the project and doesn't get copied?

Thanks in advance!
3 REPLIES
Erik Cole
Acclaimed Contributor.

Re: Staffing Profiles Being Copied from Requests to Projects - Advice&Help

Ryan, when are you committing the resources? Before or after the project creation?

Typically, the same execution step that creates the project also 'closes' the proposal's staffing profile (I think they're marked 'Approved') and it isn't until the Project phase that the new profile is updated/refined and staff is actually committed.
Ryan Grobler
Super Contributor.

Hi Eric

We've tried this without commiting resource, and it still copies the demand, but doesn't close the SP.

Our workflow doesn't close the Staffing Profile - so we end up with double the demand and double the commitment.

How would we cancel the profile automatically when the Project was generated?

Thanks!

Ryan
Sangiliraja_1
Honored Contributor.

Hi Ryan,

it works perfectly for me.

Make sure proposal SP is approved. ksc_set_staffing_profile_status USE_NAMES_FLAG="N" STAFF_PROF_IDS="[REQ.P.KNTA_STAFFING_PROFILE]" STATUS_NAME="Approved"

Also please let me know where are u seeing the Demand and Commitments.

Thanks
Sangiliraja.P